• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select 1B Nolan Schanuel 11th overall in the 1st round of the 2023 MLB Draft

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels select 1B Nolan Schanuel 11th overall in the 1st round of the 2023 MLB Draft
1 minute ago, Jimmy Z said:

MLB Network gave him a Sean Casey (with his 130 career homerun total and 16.5 career WAR total) comp... yup there's a game changer there.

Seems like a low ceiling high floor player that was picked because he can move through the system quickly. Aka they want to show the fans a shiny new toy by early next year to distract from the poor performance

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Seems like a low ceiling high floor player that was picked because he can move through the system quickly. Aka they want to show the fans a shiny new toy by early next year to distract from the poor performance

Or check this out, they like his bat. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

1B is a position of need. This pick makes sense as he will be closer to ML readiness than a high school talent. They need a 1B now

I just feel like it's much easier and cheaper to sign or trade for a first baseman more so than other positions in baseball. 

My opinion I think we could've done better.

Edited by Jimmy Z