• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Enjoy the rest of your summer Angels fans…

Deek

45 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I would expect Neto, Drury and Moore back when the second half starts (or within a few days of the start). I’d also like to think Rendon will be OK by then but I know better than to assume. 

If you think about it, who are some of the guys who weren’t starting in May who are going to be counted on now?

Fletcher, Adell, Moniak, Moustakas, Escobar, Walsh. (I also think Rengifo has looked a little better lately, but we’ll see.)

That beats Mayfield, Lagares, Villar, Stefanic, Gosselin, etc.

They also still have a lot of room for improvement from Anderson and Sandoval. 

Do they have an uphill climb? A challenge? Sure 

But it’s too soon to give up. 

100% @Jeff Fletcher

51 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Oh come on, that's bullshit. You only get a teardrop if you're a Dodgers fan and killed someone or were raped in prison.

Thanks for using the quote feature. And I took it from this very reputable sports news site.

https://clutchpoints.com/angels-news-anthony-rendon-shares-heartbreaking-take-amid-injury-riddled-season

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'll watch to see Adell play, that is if Nevin will pull his head out of his ass and put him in left and Ward on the bench. 

100% agree.

If there is a time and place to put Adell in the lineup and give him a shot, it's now. We need a life line and it's time for him to show it.

I'm the first guy that will admit to writing him off, but with his minor league numbers and being that we're so riddled with injuries, it'd be stupid not to give him a chance out there.

9 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I would expect Neto, Drury and Moore back when the second half starts (or within a few days of the start). I’d also like to think Rendon will be OK by then but I know better than to assume. 

If you think about it, who are some of the guys who weren’t starting in May who are going to be counted on now?

Fletcher, Adell, Moniak, Moustakas, Escobar, Walsh. (I also think Rengifo has looked a little better lately, but we’ll see.)

That beats Mayfield, Lagares, Villar, Stefanic, Gosselin, etc.

They also still have a lot of room for improvement from Anderson and Sandoval. 

Do they have an uphill climb? A challenge? Sure 

But it’s too soon to give up. 

I would also add that if the Angels starting pitching can return to their 2022 form (Sandoval pitched much better tonight), and that includes Ohtani who has been a shell of his 2022 pitching-self, I can see the Angels after getting a good chunk of everyone back after the ASB in a better spot that right now to make a push in mid-July through Sept. 

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

A cancer on the roster. 

Rendon is a guy I would not mind never seeing in an Angel uniform taking the field again.

There is not 1 redeeming quality about the dude, and I'm sick of them talking about him like he's "the piece" when he's done nothing. 

Absolutely a joke. Get him the f*** out of here. 

21 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I wonder when O'Hoppe comes back if Thaiss plays 1B. Going into 2024 will he be backup catcher or play other positions. 

Last I checked Thaiss had a 108 wRC+ (compared to 94 for Moose) so very good for a catcher not so great for a 1b but better than replacement level.  Good enough to do utility work.  When he was healthy O’Hoppe was playing 80% of the time.  If Ohtani doesn’t object Wallach appears odd man out this year and Thaiss hopefully picks up some at bats somewhere.

2024 or even this year, there is also Stassi to consider.

This stretch was likely to be difficult even at full health.  Difficult yes but not overwhelming even without Trout.  A big key to the season will be the home stand coming out of the break.  Need to shine against Astros, Yankees, Pirates for three each.  It would be helpful to sweep the Dodgers.

2 hours ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

What was it that you saw that indicated July would be a disaster? (I didn't read your post back in June...)

~ArkyAngelsFan~

Just look at the schedule 

w a healthy squad 10-11wins was the bench mark against a very tough schedule. 

Not to mention opening up against the Braves in the first week of august 

now the angels have put themselves in a disadvantage in Ohtani trade negotiations 

3 hours ago, nando714 said:

Just look at the schedule 

w a healthy squad 10-11wins was the bench mark against a very tough schedule. 

Not to mention opening up against the Braves in the first week of august 

now the angels have put themselves in a disadvantage in Ohtani trade negotiations 

Abandon ship abandon ship 

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Well, predicting Angels injuries is almost like predicting the sun rising in the east. Have we even had a season recently without important players being gone for extended periods?

Pitching staff is relatively healthy. When the hitters struggle the pitchers can hold the fort collectively for periods of time. In theory. Many teams have made the playoffs because of a good, deep pitching staff.

The Angels aren't there yet, but have the potential with the starters and the closer to keep games close for a shortish extended period. If the rotation can put up mostly quality starts they should hang if they can manufacturer runs in close games. 

13 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I wonder when O'Hoppe comes back if Thaiss plays 1B. Going into 2024 will he be backup catcher or play other positions. 

Halo Space @HaloSpace

RT @JeffFletcherOCR: Some good #Angels news:

Logan O’Hoppe took 25 dry swings and said it felt “really good. I didn’t feel I needed to baby anything… Taking the training wheels off today.” Best case scenario is for him to be back late August.

Blogger / Podcaster

15 hours ago, Revad said:

This stretch was likely to be difficult even at full health.  Difficult yes but not overwhelming even without Trout.  A big key to the season will be the home stand coming out of the break.  Need to shine against Astros, Yankees, Pirates for three each.  It would be helpful to sweep the Dodgers.

This stretch was SUB 500 teams (minus the Dogs 0-2 & Dbacks 1-2) since the Rangers 3-1  and They failed miserably! Royals 2-1, Rockies 1-2, Sox 2-2 and Pads 0-3.. 9 - 13...

Since the 2 game Dodgers series we are 4-11.