• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Enjoy the rest of your summer Angels fans…

Deek

Season over… 4 July 2023…

Trout out 4-8 weeks…

Angels lose series to bottom dwelling Pads…

Neto, O’Hoppe on the shelf…

Gio season over…

Ohtani has blisters…

Rendon has a shin bruise 🤣😂🤣

Fletcher, Velazquez, Ward, Adell on the roster…

And Taylor and his douchy Debbie Downer emoji can suck it….

14 hours ago, Deek said:

Season over… 4 July 2023…

Trout out 4-8 weeks…

Angels lose series to bottom dwelling Pads…

Neto, O’Hoppe on the shelf…

Gio season over…

Ohtani has blisters…

Rendon has a shin bruise 🤣😂🤣

Fletcher, Velazquez, Ward, Adell on the roster…

And Taylor and his douchy Debbie Downer emoji can suck it….

@Deek I'm putting something together today that will hopefully give you a little more optimism. 

Don't bail out yet my friend. 

Just watched Jon Morosi cover the angels on MLB network, it’s good to put things in perspective sometimes. He still seems to think the angels are in the thick of the wild card race and just need to weather this storm for a couple more weeks until we can get relatively healthy. 

he also seemed relatively optimistic about Adell and Moniak. He also mentioned how losing 3 stars over the course of 2 days is just unheard of. 

I know it feels like we are spiraling around the drain and I think we are, but if we can stay a float for a few more weeks maybe once everyone is healthy we can take off and secure a wild card spot. 

13 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Just watched Jon Morosi cover the angels on MLB network, it’s good to put things in perspective sometimes. He still seems to think the angels are in the thick of the wild card race and just need to weather this storm for a couple more weeks until we can get relatively healthy. 

he also seemed relatively optimistic about Adell and Moniak. He also mentioned how losing 3 stars over the course of 2 days is just unheard of. 

I know it feels like we are spiraling around the drain and I think we are, but if we can stay a float for a few more weeks maybe once everyone is healthy we can take off and secure a wild card spot. 

3 stars? I only counted 2. Ohtani andTrout. 

34 minutes ago, TroutField said:

He still seems to think the angels are in the thick of the wild card race and just need to weather this storm for a couple more weeks until we can get relatively healthy. 

If O'Hoppe and Neto were in the lineup I'd say they could hold up while the rest heal up. But that infield right now is abysmal at the plate and not great defensively. They only have two opening day starters in the field right now. You can't say weather the storm as your team goes down the storm drain in July.

I'll watch to see Adell play, that is if Nevin will pull his head out of his ass and put him in left and Ward on the bench. Then Neto will return soon and we wave goodbye to Fletcher. Drury should be back after the All Star break and that benches Rengifo. O'Hoppe should be playing by August and that bounces Wallach back to obscurity where he came from. If they can trade Renfroe they need to. 

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If O'Hoppe and Neto were in the lineup I'd say they could hold up while the rest heal up. But that infield right now is abysmal at the plate and not great defensively. They only have two opening day starters in the field right now. You can't say weather the storm as your team goes down the storm drain in July.

I'll watch to see Adell play, that is if Nevin will pull his head out of his ass and put him in left and Ward on the bench. Then Neto will return soon and we wave goodbye to Fletcher. Drury should be back after the All Star break and that benches Rengifo. O'Hoppe should be playing by August and that bounces Wallach back to obscurity where he came from. If they can trade Renfroe they need to. 

Moose to 3B, Renfroe to 1B Adell in OF

10 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Do they have an uphill climb? A challenge? Sure 

But it’s too soon to give up. 

I totally agree with everything you said, but they need to start turning it around.

Fletcher/Moustakas/Escobar/Walsh look better on paper than Mayfield/Lagres/Villar/Stefanic/Gosselin, but that doesn't matter if those guys don't start producing like they're capable of.

The RISP is a big issue, IMO. I can't comprehend how it can be this bad. When there's such a big disparity, it seems like it has to be more than bad luck or sequencing.

22 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I would expect Neto, Drury and Moore back when the second half starts (or within a few days of the start). I’d also like to think Rendon will be OK by then but I know better than to assume. 

If you think about it, who are some of the guys who weren’t starting in May who are going to be counted on now?

Fletcher, Adell, Moniak, Moustakas, Escobar, Walsh. (I also think Rengifo has looked a little better lately, but we’ll see.)

That beats Mayfield, Lagares, Villar, Stefanic, Gosselin, etc.

They also still have a lot of room for improvement from Anderson and Sandoval. 

Do they have an uphill climb? A challenge? Sure 

But it’s too soon to give up. 

To me it's not just the hitting. Pitching lately has not been good. I'm not giving up nut if they are 7 games back at deadline trades should be made. I hope they let Adell play everyday.

11 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

901 GIF

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to get that third wild card, to ride out the storm of injuries and bad play, and to outlive the menace of Rendon, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of Arte, Perry, and the team– every man of them.

(a little editing of Winston Churchill)

17 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Fletcher/Moustakas/Escobar/Walsh look better on paper

I’d leave Walsh off that list, at least this year, Trendon.  Even when comparing him to Gosselin or Stefanic..

Edited by PattyD22