• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is the Rendon deal a bust?

Taylor

Rendon Bust Pole  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Rendon deal a bust?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet, but it will be soon.
    • This narrative is pointless.

It's a simple reminder that there's a time and place for big trades or large FA deals.  When half of your lineup is filled with scrubs, you don't add a 35m FA.  You don't trade for say a front line starter when the rest of your rotation is crap.  Not that they did this but just saying that you shouldn't.  

Even if Rendon put up prime production the last two years, the Angels weren't sniffing the playoffs.  Which, of course, isn't what's being asked.  

But if there were ever a time when getting a 3-4 win season out of him were critical, it's this year.  Because even though I like Urshela and think Drury will eventually put up decent numbers, Rendon is just a better player.  

So this year is make or break for me.  Put up a really good season and I'll let those last two go.  If he produced a win or so over 100 games then it's fair to call him a bust.  

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

It's a simple reminder that there's a time and place for big trades or large FA deals.  When half of your lineup is filled with scrubs, you don't add a 35m FA.  You don't trade for say a front line starter when the rest of your rotation is crap.  Not that they did this but just saying that you shouldn't.  

Even if Rendon put up prime production the last two years, the Angels weren't sniffing the playoffs.  Which, of course, isn't what's being asked.  

But if there were ever a time when getting a 3-4 win season out of him were critical, it's this year.  Because even though I like Urshela and think Drury will eventually put up decent numbers, Rendon is just a better player.  

So this year is make or break for me.  Put up a really good season and I'll let those last two go.  If he produced a win or so over 100 games then it's fair to call him a bust.  

Can't argue this at all.

But, to be fair, we've been snakebit. It's not just Rendon, but Trout who's missed a shit ton of time the past few years.

If say the two had been healthy, and the plan of Adell and Marsh being solid players panned out, we would have been a pretty decent team I think.

I think that's been lost on some people, how much Marsh and Adell failing to take off crushed the org. If those two panned out, with Ward emerging, Walsh in a way, and a healthy trout/ohtani/Rendon, this could have been a pretty decent lineup.

But Angels.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Can't argue this at all.

But, to be fair, we've been snakebit. It's not just Rendon, but Trout who's missed a shit ton of time the past few years.

If say the two had been healthy, and the plan of Adell and Marsh being solid players panned out, we would have been a pretty decent team I think.

I think that's been lost on some people, how much Marsh and Adell failing to take off crushed the org. If those two panned out, with Ward emerging, Walsh in a way, and a healthy trout/ohtani/Rendon, this could have been a pretty decent lineup.

But Angels.

we've been watching the phillies every night (mostly because my daughter has turned into a huge marsh fan) and i can tell you it's been fun to see him play as well as he has. 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

we've been watching the phillies every night (mostly because my daughter has turned into a huge marsh fan) and i can tell you it's been fun to see him play as well as he has. 

Yep, I like Marsh hated to see him go but we got a good one in return with O'Hoppe.

Seems like a trade that worked out well for both sides.

It's really hard to find good starting catchers so I would make that trade again.    

While I’m concerned about Rendon’s ability to stay healthy and on the field, he does seem to be clutch more often than not.

Probably no one I would rather see come up to the plate, that I would have more confidence than Rendon to get that big hit in a key moment of a game.

That’s why I like him and say it’s too early to say this signing is a bust.

With that said he needs to show us he can stay on the field.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think there’s any reason to believe anything really significant is going to change with him.  They better be ready to extend Urshela.  Because the Angels don’t have shit in the pipeline at 3rd. 

So they have really good players that aren’t shitty?

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think there’s any reason to believe anything really significant is going to change with him.  They better be ready to extend Urshela.  Because the Angels don’t have shit in the pipeline at 3rd. 

Thought the same thing….You have Drury for next year but it’s been nice to have both….

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

We have Lamb at AAA!  I think we need Urshela at least next year, maybe longer.

Off topic, but kind of sort of related.

I'm not a huge fan of the guy at all, but was really hoping we'd get Correa this past winter. I was looking for him to be what Renfroe is doing right now.

Seeing Rendon hurt again, I thought "would have been nice to have him right now" (Correa)

No it wouldn't. (At least so far). Would be crazy if he did end up with the Mets for that mega deal, with how bad everything else is going for them so far.

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Off topic, but kind of sort of related.

I'm not a huge fan of the guy at all, but was really hoping we'd get Correa this past winter. I was looking for him to be what Renfroe is doing right now.

Seeing Rendon hurt again, I thought "would have been nice to have him right now" (Correa)

No it wouldn't. (At least so far). Would be crazy if he did end up with the Mets for that mega deal, with how bad everything else is going for them so far.

Correa is batting .204 with an OPS of .677