• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowpen tally

38 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Presented without commentary.

SP: 83 IP, 77 H, 40 BB, 77 K, 4.01 ERA, 4.72 FIP, 4.99 xFIP, 1.0 fWAR (17th in MLB)
RP: 66 IP. 53 H, 19 BB, 60 K, 3.14 ERA, 3.42 FIP, 4.32 xFIP, 1.0 fWAR (4th in MLB)

F'ing Minasian, focusing all his attention on the bullpen and failing to address the SP.

44 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Presented without commentary.

SP: 83 IP, 77 H, 40 BB, 77 K, 4.01 ERA, 4.72 FIP, 4.99 xFIP, 1.0 fWAR (17th in MLB)
RP: 66 IP. 53 H, 19 BB, 60 K, 3.14 ERA, 3.42 FIP, 4.32 xFIP, 1.0 fWAR (4th in MLB)

Two starters (Anderson and Suarez) and two relievers (Loup and Tepera) standing between the Halos and a top 5 pitching staff so far?

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Two starters (Anderson and Suarez) and two relievers (Loup and Tepera) standing between the Halos and a top 5 pitching staff so far?

Pretty much, but it's early and as far as the SPs go -- they both seem to be having command issues.  Suarez is the easier fix, they can swap him out right now for Barria or Davidson.  Hopefully Canning remains healthy and pitches to his ability.

The walks from the SP staff feel like they've been out of control. Even Ohtani is walking a ton of hitters. Not a problem with him though because literally no one can hit him at the moment.

Anderson, Suarez, Ohtani have all BB/9 around 5.0

Detmers and Sandy are better in the mid 3s.

21 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

Isn’t Zack Britton still a FA? I’d love for Perry to pick him up to replace Loup. 

Don't you think there's probably a reason he's still a free agent?  From what I've read/seen, his velocity was still way down in his workouts.  If no one has signed him yet, there must be major red flags.

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Don't you think there's probably a reason he's still a free agent?  From what I've read/seen, his velocity was still way down in his workouts.  If no one has signed him yet, there must be major red flags.

Wasn’t that back in March?

The last update I read was that he’s taking his time being picky with his options. Idk what’s really going on but I think he’s an intriguing option that can’t be any worse than Loup or any other left reliever in the minors. 

39 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

Wasn’t that back in March?

The last update I read was that he’s taking his time being picky with his options. Idk what’s really going on but I think he’s an intriguing option that can’t be any worse than Loup or any other left reliever in the minors. 

That's generally what people say when they don't actually have any (good) options.  Similar thing happens in the film industry: a film without distribution will debut at a film festival like Sundance and it won't get any significant offers during or right after the festival.  Months later, someone acquires it for an undisclosed sum, and the financiers/producers issue a press release saying that they took their time due to a "bidding war".  In 99% of those cases, they got shit offers or no-money-upfront offers and they eventually just caved and took what was on the table.

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I kind of want to sign Britton, just so when he screws up and we yell "f*ck britton!", @WicketMaiden will be like "what did we do?"

It would be even better if that happened on a 4th of July game

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I kind of want to sign Britton, just so when he screws up and we yell "f*ck britton!", @WicketMaiden will be like "what did we do?"

It would be even better if that happened on a 4th of July game

And each time Nevin pulls him from the game we can describe it as yet another Brexit.