• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowpen tally

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

They need to win games while the offense is getting unlucky.  

.259 BABIP - 4th lowest 
9th best avg exit velo
6th highest hard hit %
5th lowest BA
5th highest BB%
12th best K%

all the peripherals are there for this to be a very dynamic offense.  

In fairness to the pen though:

their k-BB% is 3rd best in baseball.  
They have the 9th highest BABIP
6th highest differential between their ERA and FIP (4.3 and 3.58 respectively)
They've allowed the 9th lowest exit velo with the 11th lowest hard hit rate.  

I just don't love our high leverage options personally and last night was a good example.  I actually do like Herget and think he was the best option to face that part of the order.  But they really do need that high velo type as an option as well.  I'm all in favor of having guys who can get outs, but there are going to be certain situations where opposing players struggle against high velo and you really need to be able to throw that at them.  

I know they want to keep Bachman as a starter for now (he's starting today in fact), but he'd be my first choice to come up and help the pen right now.  Joyce is 1b but he seems the type to just absolutely lose any semblance of control at times.  Which is expected for a rookie but you'd have to live with that.  Thinking Tepera or Loup need a phantom injury soon.  Although we probably see someone like Weiss or Garza first because they're on the 40man.  

They better not call up Weiss or Garza. They don't deserve to be on the 40 man roster. There are much better options at both AA and AAA. They can move someone on to the 40 man and release either of those 2.

Also Wantz has pitched 4 innings and has given up no hits or walks.

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does the bullpen get a few demerits reduced after last night’s performance?

Yes it does. Bullpen as we all know will be key for halos this year. Some BP help could come from minors this year. Chris Devenski I think will help. Trading for help could also happen.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’ve seen many posts here pleading for the release of Loup and calling up Joyce and Torres. Hopefully yesterday’s 7-5 no hit loss reminds everyone that young players need time to find command of their pitches. 

Loup is not going anywhere right now. I think he will be used in spots to get 1 or 2 hitters out. Season is very early and a victory would be 6 and 3 with series win against 3 teams. 

19 hours ago, T.G. said:

I think a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations of the bullpen. Their overreaction is a byproduct of recent history. Which is sort of understandable.

I know it's cliché, but it is early. I'm not concerned yet. I think the starting pitching is much improved and over the course of the season, it will take some of the burden off the relievers.

Correct.  If the Halos improved starters can  go 6- 7 innings more often than 4-5 innings, we will realize much better bullpen results.  Pulling the starter after 5 is a kiss of death for most clubs. 

Angels need to get to opponents bullpen before they get to ours.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I’ve seen many posts here pleading for the release of Loup and calling up Joyce and Torres. Hopefully yesterday’s 7-5 no hit loss reminds everyone that young players need time to find command of their pitches. 

Good point taken, in my case not asking for them to be called up now, just at some point in the season.

The command is admittedly the last thing to come along.

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Correct.  If the Halos improved starters can  go 6- 7 innings more often than 4-5 innings, we will realize much better bullpen results.  Pulling the starter after 5 is a kiss of death for most clubs. 

Angels need to get to opponents bullpen before they get to ours.

What will be important for halos this year is add on runs. Two games this year already come to mind. First game in Seattle Ward hit 2 run HR in 8th to pad the lead. Last night Renfroe with 2 run HR to pad lead. Angels with lead will be facing bullpen pitchers a lot this year and adding to lead will be huge help.

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

What will be important for halos this year is add on runs. Two games this year already come to mind. First game in Seattle Ward hit 2 run HR in 8th to pad the lead. Last night Renfroe with 2 run HR to pad lead. Angels with lead will be facing bullpen pitchers a lot this year and adding to lead will be huge help.

Great point!   Take some pressure off the BP by scoring in the late innings instead of just trying to hold on, like we dod most of last year.   By not scoring late, BP failures are a self fulfilling prophecy.

Anyone remember this story?

https://nypost.com/2019/11/12/homeless-man-hurls-bucket-of-diarrhea-at-woman-near-hollywood-walk-of-fame/

Our bullpen is the bucket of diarrhea. It's like Perry (and Arte, by extension, because fuck Arte) cast a spell to transfer the entire essence of our bullpen, like a horcrux, into a bucket of homeless man diarrhea that's been fermenting in the hot California sun waiting to be dumped on the heads of the collective Angels fanbase.