• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowpen tally

4 hours ago, Don3347 said:

With the exception of the top 3 in the lineup and Ohoppe we are abysmal so far. Hopefully Rendon and eventually Walsh will give us some depth.  

Otherwise a trade is essential. 

I hope Rendon can behave himself and not be gone for four months with another injury. I also hope Walsh can get some sleep and get the hell back here sometime before August. Did they figure out what's actually wrong with him? All we've heard is they're running tests.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

There's little margin for error this year with Texas and Seattle improving their rosters. If we don't fix this bullpen it could be a long frustrating season which finds us mired in 4th place come September. Same old, same old...

The Angels will finish in second place. 

Everything that has gone wrong for us and we are tied for first place. But since we are Angel fans we look at it as the bullpen is a disaster, which it might be.  To me if we have flaws and we have a better record than Seattle then they have flaws.  Their flaws are just different. Oh and Texas will have their share of pitching injuries, which has already started. 

7 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

12 hits.  1 hit.  3 hits.  no hits.  doesn't matter

They had a two run lead.   Who cares if it's 12-10 or 3-1.  They've had a 2 run lead or less 4 times handing the game off to the pen and they've failed twice.  

when the offense has an off night, it's all that much more important for the pen to hold a lead and take advantage of those opportunities.  

Holding leads 50% of the time in high leverage situations is gonna make for a long and frustrating April.  And I mention April in that I'm hopeful of changes by the end of the month if it isn't working.  

I couldn't agree more with this.

If this team is going to be successful this year they're going to have to win games when having a lead in the late innings regardless of how the offense did that night or the score.

Win 1-0 or 12-11...Just Win!

So basically I just reiterated your post..lol

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Everything that has gone wrong for us and we are tied for first place. But since we are Angel fans we look at it as the bullpen is a disaster, which it might be.  To me if we have flaws and we have a better record than Seattle then they have flaws.  Their flaws are just different. Oh and Texas will have their share of pitching injuries, which has already started. 

With the exception of Rendons antics what has gone wrong so far?

The bullpen has blown two games thus far, that's what has gone wrong.

8 hours ago, Taylor said:

It's Minasian's fault for not adequately addressing the bullpen.

He has addressed it…..spent a good bit of money….the problem is, outside of Iglesias, his acquisitions haven’t produced…..

6 minutes ago, REDneck said:

With the exception of Rendons antics what has gone wrong so far?

The bullpen has blown two games thus far, that's what has gone wrong.

Drury and Renfroe not hitting at all. Walsh not being healthy enough to start the season.  Say what you will about Stassi he’s a helluva lot better than Thaiss. 

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

This loss was on the pen. But again 3 hits. 3.  

I'll add here. One of those hits was Trouts HR. In the second AB of thr game.

Let's say he walked. Doubled, etc.

The pen is shaky as hell, and they blew it last night. 

But the "revamped" offense needs to show up.

Still just one week in, they've played well so far. But both (bags and pen) need to do their jobs

5 hours ago, Don3347 said:

With the exception of the top 3 in the lineup and Ohoppe we are abysmal so far. Hopefully Rendon and eventually Walsh will give us some depth.  

Otherwise a trade is essential. 

It's been 7 games. 

The Angels are 4-3.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Drury and Renfroe not hitting at all. Walsh not being healthy enough to start the season.  Say what you will about Stassi he’s a helluva lot better than Thaiss. 

Ok...I don't see those things as issues YET.

However, the bullpen is already an issue as it is every year with this team.

But I hear ya.

1 minute ago, REDneck said:

Ok...I don't see those things as issues YET.

However, the bullpen is already an issue as it is every year with this team.

But I hear ya.

Yep if those guys were hitting we’d have a few more runs in the first week, which could have lead to another win. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I want to know how long Walsh will be gone. Another week? Four months? What's wrong with him? Why the hush hush all the time? A pulled calf muscle turned into five months and a tear for Trout. "Wrist issues" cancelled Rendon's season last year. 

Yeah, Stassi can catch but he simply cannot hit. Automatic out except for the occasional dinger. I'm liking what I see in O'Hoppe. 

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Yeah, Stassi can catch but he simply cannot hit. Automatic out except for the occasional dinger. I'm liking what I see in O'Hoppe. 

I do too. But it's dangerous to expect this kid to keep being one of the top hitters on the team. He's going to slump at some point.

Rest of these guys need to wake up. I trust Renfro and Urhela to sooner or later. Drury not so much.

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I want to know how long Walsh will be gone. Another week? Four months? What's wrong with him? Why the hush hush all the time? A pulled calf muscle turned into five months and a tear for Trout. "Wrist issues" cancelled Rendon's season last year. 

Why the hush hush?  Because we aren’t privy to Walsh’s health. Stassi hit perfectly fine in 2020 and 2021.  I was talking about Stassi versus Thaiss not Stassi versus O’Hoppe. It was about what’s gone wrong. 

Supposedly, Walsh is swinging a bat now.   But how much longer will he be out?

What probably all of us want to know is, how soon will at least some of the group of Joyce, Bachman, CRod, Murphy, and Torres be ready?

Can’t contend with this current bullpen in the long run.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I said this early in Spring, But if he's healthy, he goings to be an important bat in that line-up! he also balances out the lineup more. Second I know we joke around a lot about Rendon, but that bat important in the line-up. it's deepens the line-up further. 

With that Said, I do believe Renfroe has been a little unlucky. He's hit the ball hard just right at people. Soon or later that should be changing.  I'm kinda worried about Drury, he struggled a lot with the padres last year. 

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Supposedly, Walsh is swinging a bat now.   But how much longer will he be out?

What probably all of us want to know is, how soon will at least some of the group of Joyce, Bachman, CRod, Murphy, and Torres be ready?

Can’t contend with this current bullpen in the long run.

1. Bachman, I believe the goal for him is to start. So we might not see him at least by the trade-deadline. Don't mind him starting either since his stuff is that freaken good now that's he's healthy. 

2. C-Rod, I would not be surprised if the goal is to have him in the BP. He probably gets send down to the Minors and than they'll decide

3. Murphy and Joyce, Last thing I heard was improvement in Command and secondary stuff. So TBT, I guess it'll depend on how things go in the minors. 

22 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I said this early in Spring, But if he's healthy, he goings to be an important bat in that line-up! he also balances out the lineup more. Second I know we joke around a lot about Rendon, but that bat important in the line-up. it's deepens the line-up further. 

With that Said, I do believe Renfroe has been a little unlucky. He's hit the ball hard just right at people. Soon or later that should be changing.  I'm kinda worried about Drury, he struggled a lot with the padres last year. 

Rendon is a bum, but yeah he can hit, when he's not injured or going after opposing fans.

Drury might test the Mendoza line this year.

I wish Fletcher could hit.

A lot of wishes...