• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowpen tally

Everyone knew coming in the bullpen was not good. Moore and Wantz and Estevez should be the start, not the end. Also, why are we wasting a pitching spot on Davidson if they haven’t even decided if he’s going to pitch on Wednesday? Give him bullpen chances and see how he does. Otherwise he’s taking up another relievers spot. Just really bad roster management if they’re going to start Canning. Which they pretty need to or option him to AAA. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah I don't know what Perry is smoking, but his bullpen is not good. 

I like his depth moves, but we've all been pretty concerned about the bullpen heading into the season. 

Our concerns have been validated. 

I sure wouldnt expect him to say the bullpen is a problem on the 11th of April even if he does thinks its a problem. 

Edited by James

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah I don't know what Perry is smoking, but his bullpen is not good. 

I like his depth moves, but we've all been pretty concerned about the bullpen heading into the season. 

Our concerns have been validated. 

Ten games.

54 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ten games.

This would be a fair response if the Angels had guys with good stuff. They don't. All pitchers are going to make mistakes. Mistakes at 98 are much more difficult to take advantage of than mistakes at 92 (tepera) or 80 (loup and herget)

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Shaping up that Moore, Guerra, and Estevez needs to be the 7-8-9 bridge right now until we can find someone else to throw some reliable innings. Maybe Wantz, and Herget can settle in and be decent, I just don’t see Tepera and Loup turning into reliable relievers.  

Guerra?

10 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Shaping up that Moore, Quijada, and Estevez needs to be the 7-8-9 bridge right now until we can find someone else to throw some reliable innings. Maybe Wantz, and Herget can settle in and be decent, I just don’t see Tepera and Loup turning into reliable relievers.  

Loup can eat innings when the Angels are so far behind  they are  basically out of the game

I would trade WAY more than makes rational sense to get Scott Barlow (yes, even though the start of this year has been rough for him), then trade for another solid-average guy. I would then give Loup/Tepera a firm handshake and fill in the gaps from our farm system.  I think Barlow-Estevez-Moore-Quijada-Average Guy-Herget would round into a nice bullpen.