• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowpen tally

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I disagree. One of three are the fault of the pen. But again we had 3 hits tonight. 

Strad, 99% of the time I agree with what you say, but tonight the Angels had a 3-1 lead.  It didn’t matter how many hits they had.  The Jays at one point had 6 hits with 1 run, which is the flip side of that point.

At some point, this pen has to figure a way to bail out a shitty offensive night.  Sandoval deserved better tonight, as did Ohtani in the opener.  I’ll cut the bullpen slack for Ohtani, but not tonight.  It was a shitty pitch by Herget with 2 outs.

This pen has to be better in close games or we’re back to purgatory again this year.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

Strad, 99% of the time I agree with what you say, but tonight the Angels had a 3-1 lead.  It didn’t matter how many hits they had.  The Jays at one point had 6 hits with 1 run, which is the flip side of that point.

At some point, this pen has to figure a way to bail out a shitty offensive night.  Sandoval deserved better tonight, as did Ohtani in the opener.  I’ll cut the bullpen slack for Ohtani, but not tonight.  It was a shitty pitch by Herget with 2 outs.

This pen has to be better in close games or we’re back to purgatory again this year.

This loss was on the pen. But again 3 hits. 3.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I disagree. One of three are the fault of the pen. But again we had 3 hits tonight. 

But they still got the loss. That's what I'm tallying. 

But sure, the offense went AWOL in all three losses. I guess we're going to live and die by the sword.

29 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

12 hits.  1 hit.  3 hits.  no hits.  doesn't matter

They had a two run lead.   Who cares if it's 12-10 or 3-1.  They've had a 2 run lead or less 4 times handing the game off to the pen and they've failed twice.  

when the offense has an off night, it's all that much more important for the pen to hold a lead and take advantage of those opportunities.  

Holding leads 50% of the time in high leverage situations is gonna make for a long and frustrating April.  And I mention April in that I'm hopeful of changes by the end of the month if it isn't working.  

100% spot on, Doc. Yes, outside of Trout and Ohtani, the rest of that lineup needs to contribute more than just warm bodies. That said, the pen was handed a two-run lead and again they failed. That simply is not good enough.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

On Opening night they scored 1 run. It’s tough to win that way too. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Phil Nevin, Colonel Potter wants a word with you.

Stop taking Moore out after allowing one baserunner and getting 2 outs!   It cost you TWO games now!

Got it????

GOOD!!!!!

They won on Wednesday. Moore didn’t pitch on Opening Day. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

On Opening night they scored 1 run. It’s tough to win that way too. 

They won on Wednesday. Moore didn’t pitch on Opening Day. 

Correction noted, the game on April 5 saw Herget’s mess up change the game from 4-1 to 4-3, and winning the game.

That’s still back-to-back games where Moore was taken out with bad results afterwards for that inning.

Time to push Herget down the totem pole if the league has figured him out?