• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

The org has more data than we do, and had time to evaluate these players during minor league Spring Training, but I do think that some of these assignments are a tad aggressive.

Vera and Ramirez were awful in Low-A last year.

AA is a big jump for players, let alone 20 year-olds in Calabrese and Quero.

Luis Ledo on the bump for the Bees tonight.  Mildly interesting history.   Was in the CWS org for 9 years before coming to the halos last year.  He was a starter early in his career and then it seems like he was injured in 2017 and came back as a reliever after that.  Kept that role even through last year but looks like the Halos have converted him this year.  He'll be 28 in may.  Big guy.  6'4, 240 but in shape.  Had some control issues in the past.  

Good stuff tonight.  Did a solid job of throwing strikes.  There was no gun but I think I read his fastball is mid 90's.  Good slider and a really good split change thing.  Fastball had some movement and looked pretty heavy.  

Gave up and unearned run.  Adell turned a single into a double by letting a ball skip past him and then a passed ball.  Wallach had at least 4 pitches bounce off his glove tonight so far through the 4th.  There was also and error by the 3rd baseman.  

But Ledo looked very good.  It wouldn't scare me to see him make a couple few spot starts this year.  

17 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Good stuff tonight.  Did a solid job of throwing strikes.  There was no gun but I think I read his fastball is mid 90's.  Good slider and a really good split change thing.  Fastball had some movement and looked pretty heavy.  

Averaged 94 mph:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=4/4/2023&gamePk=722031&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=playerBreakdown&sportId=11#722031

18 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

But Ledo looked very good.  It wouldn't scare me to see him make a couple few spot starts this year.  

I was very surprised to see him listed as the starter. I wondered if they were gonna just use him as an opener, but he went 4 innings and ~70 pitches.