• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Have they thought of making Koch into a power reliever?

Probably.  I think they just want to see some consistency.  He can alternate between looking great and looking awful from inning to inning.  He's likely the Angel pitcher most hurt by the Covid mess.  HS arm 6'7", the mechanics were always going to be a tad rough.

42 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Jack Kochanowicz had the identical pitching line in his start for Tri-City.  Koch is still only 22.

just watched his four innings.   probably the most consistent four innings in a row I've seen of him.  He only threw 46 pitches and not a single ball was hit hard.  Groundball machine.  First batter of the game fouled out.  Otherwise, 8 groundouts.  1 error by the 3bman on a routine grounder.  One of his walks was after Alexander Ramirez took a horrible route on a weak popup to RF foul territory that dropped in front of him.  Should have been an out.  

FB looked firm with very good arm side movement.  Curve was as advertised.  A very good pitch.  Got some swings and misses on it although not as many as I expected.  Threw it for strikes.  And the most encouraging pitch was a pretty filthy change that I saw probably about 4 times.  Two swings and misses from lefties and down and in to a RHer who fouled it off his foot.  

His control was solid.  Threw 32 strikes and only missed badly a couple times.  Worked with the pitch clock well.  Fastball command was as expected for a 22yo in high A in that it wasn't spectacular but he has enough movement that it didn't matter much.  

He's still a project, and you could see his confidence growing as the game went on.  They also had him throwing exclusively from the stretch.  

22 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

just watched his four innings.   probably the most consistent four innings in a row I've seen of him.  He only threw 46 pitches and not a single ball was hit hard.  Groundball machine.  First batter of the game fouled out.  Otherwise, 8 groundouts.  1 error by the 3bman on a routine grounder.  One of his walks was after Alexander Ramirez took a horrible route on a weak popup to RF foul territory that dropped in front of him.  Should have been an out.  

Yeah, its all about consistency with him.  I haven't checked the game out yet, was gong to do that tomorrow, but hearing he had four consistent innings in great.

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Jake Madden’s professional debut

3.2 IP 2 H 1 R 3 BB 6 SO

it looks like they have Albright piggy backing his start tonight.

Albright is young, he will at times drop a pretty curve, but I'm very much an Albright doubter.  He looks to be the most "hittable" pitcher in the system.  There doesn't seem to be much room for projection, outside of the curve nothing really seems to be even MLB average.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Albright is young, he will at times drop a pretty curve, but I'm very much an Albright doubter.  He looks to be the most "hittable" pitcher in the system.  There doesn't seem to be much room for projection, outside of the curve nothing really seems to be even MLB average.

by far the most out of character selection from either Minasian draft.   One of those ones where it was puzzling even on draft day but you want to give it the benefit of the doubt where there's something we're just not seeing.  Now it seems like a pretty obvious stinker for that level of bonus.