• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

29 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm just glad there is another guy working himself into the conversation, I hope Jose Soriano does the same.

Since Soriano is on the 40-man, I wonder if they just put him in the bullpen.

He still has 3 option years, but you don't want to necessarily use a 40-man spot for pure developmental purposes.

6 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Since Soriano is on the 40-man, I wonder if they just put him in the bullpen.

He still has 3 option years, but you don't want to necessarily use a 40-man spot for pure developmental purposes.

Seems very, very unlikely that they'd start the year with Soriano in the big league bullpen, if that's what you mean?

34 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Seems very, very unlikely that they'd start the year with Soriano in the big league bullpen, if that's what you mean?

oh, no. I meant to use him as a reliever in the minors instead of as a starter.

Developing him as a reliever instead of a starter would allow him to impact the MLB team more quickly, which is important since he's on the 40-man. It'd also help manage his workload, since he's coming off back-to-back TJ's.

Edited by Trendon

28 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I would think him, Joyce, Marte, Silseth, and Canning all start in AAA? 

I could see Joyce going back to AA, but everyone else probably starts in AAA. Maybe there's an outside chance Silseth goes back to AA, but I don't think so.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/03/angels-sign-evan-marshall.html

!arshall seems like a good depth option, we may see him during the season if he can get back to his 2020/2021 version, but seems like later in the year based on this from the link:

In the short-term, there’s not a lot of immediate opportunity in the Anaheim bullpen. The Halos are slated to carry a trio of out-of-options bullpen arms — Jaime BarriaJose QuijadaTucker Davidson — and the bulk of their other options are veterans on guaranteed deals who cannot be optioned (Carlos EstevezRyan TeperaAaron LoupMatt Moore). Right-handers Jimmy Herget and Andrew Wantz are the only Angels relievers who can be optioned to the minors without first passing through waivers, but they’re both also coming off strong 2022 seasons at the big league level.