• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

I just don’t see them going over the luxury tax to sign any of the remaining free agents or any combination of the remaining free agents

Arte has always said he’d go over for the “right player.” He’s never done it since he’s said that, and would Chafin, Moore, Sánchez, or Wacha really be the right player?

Well if he changed his mind about selling he could very well change his mind about the tax. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Could anyone see a scenario where the Angels go slightly above the threshold with a couple bullpen pieces and a guy like Sanchez only to trade Shohei at the deadline if they aren’t playing well which would get them below the threshold by the end of the year? 

No, not really

17 minutes ago, mmc said:

And with that there are 5 remaining position player free agents that were worth at least 1 win last season, Gary Sanchez, David Peralta, Jurickson Profar, Elvis Andrus, and Jose Iglesias

At this point, I could see all those guys waiting to sign until Spring— when an injury makes a team desperate.

17 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Interested to see if it’s a major or minor league deal.

Regardless, I wouldn’t have minded him as the backup to Stassi until O’Hoppe is ready.

Doesn’t look like they have a single other catcher on their roster than Bart so I imagine it’s a major league deal

The Red Sox are trading right-handed reliever Matt Barnes to the Marlins, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. Lefty reliever Richard Bleier is headed to Boston in return, according to Craig Mish of SportsGrid. Miami will also get cash considerations on top of this one-for-one swap, per Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald.

9 hours ago, Rico said:

One player who isn’t on Anaheim’s radar is Gary Sanchez, Nightengale reports.

Spoke to a reporter who talked with Gary Sanchez yesterday and Gary told him it's very possible that he signs with the Angels. That came from the player himself. 

I think he would be a great addition to the club. Especially since Stassi was a complete ZERO offensively last season. 

Gives O'Hoppe a good half season at least in AAA to perfect his overall game. 

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Spoke to a reporter who talked with Gary Sanchez yesterday and Gary told him it's very possible that he signs with the Angels. That came from the player himself.

The rumor that Sánchez isn’t on the Angels radar probably came from the Angels side.

So it’s almost a “he said/she said” situation.

It benefits Sánchez to float the Angels as an interested team, but it doesn’t benefit the Angels for them to be floated as an interested team.

17 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think he would be a great addition to the club. Especially since Stassi was a complete ZERO offensively last season. 

Gives O'Hoppe a good half season at least in AAA to perfect his overall game. 

If Sanchez would take a one-year deal, I'd be ok with bringing him on.  Stassi is still owed another $7M in '24.  Sanchez's bat isn't really strong enough anymore to play anywhere other than C and he doesn't really have traditional platoon splits (he's equally effective/ineffective vs both righties and lefties).  If you sign him to a multi-year deal, there's a good chance you'll be wasting either his or Stassi's salary in '24 if O'Hoppe develops as expected.