• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

On 1/25/2023 at 8:15 PM, jsnpritchett said:

This is great. No matter what happens from here Alan Carter is a great story. I am going to show this to my 16 year old son tonight. He experienced something like this last year when he was the first of his class, to get called up to Varsity.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Not able to listen. What did he say about Ohtani?

That he is good and he can rub off on the team. Seriously. 

He wouldnt talk about negotiations of course but wants him there for a long time. 

Not worried about his focus with rumors swirling. 

Edited by James

1 hour ago, TempeAngel said:

This is great. No matter what happens from here Alan Carter is a great story. I am going to show this to my 16 year old son tonight. He experienced something like this last year when he was the first of his class to get called up to Varsity.

Thanks.

This is a great story.  I wonder where we'll start him?  At 25 yoa, he'll be older than the competition at every level except maybe AAA, but with stuff like he showed, perhaps low A with the possibility of moving quickly, like we did with Ben Joyce. 

19 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Baseball America placed him on their top 100 list for four straight years beginning in 2016, including placing Sheffield in the top 50 for the latter two years of that stretch.”

Just shows that the top 100 Prospect list can be overrated.  

Edited by jordan

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Baseball America placed him on their top 100 list for four straight years beginning in 2016, including placing Sheffield in the top 50 for the latter two years of that stretch.”

Just shows that the top 100 Prospect list can be overrated.  

Yankee prospects and overhype. Name a more iconic duo. 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Some Canadian said a few years ago that the Angels could/should trade Trout for Sheffield, Hicks, Gary Sanchez (POS) and Miguel Andujar. 

By chance was this the same chap that continuously went on record that Ohtani would never be a two way player, that the Yankees would never sign Cole, and that there was no way the Yankees would fire Girardi?  I always found it impressive someone could be wrong so often while stating so many things as absolutes.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

By chance was this the same chap that continuously went on record that Ohtani would never be a two way player, that the Yankees would never sign Cole, and that there was no way the Yankees would fire Girardi?  I always found it impressive someone could be wrong so often while stating so many things as absolutes.

Yes. That’s part of the reason he unsubscribed. 

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Pretty impressive that you remember well enough to compile such lists.

37 minutes ago, Jay said:

Pretty impressive that you remember well enough to compile such lists.

Hardly.

It's  difficult to forget when he posted the same comments over and over in every thread regardless of whether or not it was relevant to the conversation at hand..  Beyond that I tend to remember the stupid most of all.. something about learning from other people's mistakes that I just can't shake.  

I could have easily listed another 5-10 examples of the repetitive trolling.