• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'd rather have Hendriks than not have him, but it would be somewhat odd to trade Raisel Iglesias for Davidson and Chavez (who's no longer on the team) to get salary relief, then turn around a few months later and trade presumably more than someone at Davidson's level for Hendriks, who'll cost essentially the same as Iglesias for the next two seasons.  You'd still net out at one less year of a $15M+ commitment to a closer, but still seems like just shuffling chairs.

I agree it'd be rather odd on the surface, but I guess the difference is ultimately about 19mil less and 1 year less, so there's at least some kind of savings involved.  But of course, you also have to factor in acquisition cost, and I'm sure the cost to acquire Hendriks would be more than the return we got for Iglesias, and so on.

It is interesting to see Minasian actually state, "there are opportunities that maybe have not been discussed publicly."  I would imagine, if he were in the beginning stages of discussion, he would not say anything at all.  Perhaps this suggests that they are near some kind of agreement?  Probably too optimistic of me to say that, but we can only hope.

8 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I agree it'd be rather odd on the surface, but I guess the difference is ultimately about 19mil less and 1 year less, so there's at least some kind of savings involved.  But of course, you also have to factor in acquisition cost, and I'm sure the cost to acquire Hendriks would be more than the return we got for Iglesias, and so on.

Yeah, the latter point is the big one for me.  You're likely going to have trade one very good or multiple good/very good prospects to get him.  Like I said, that ultimately just seems to be a lot of moving pieces for potentially "saving" ~$19M or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Oneil cruz…Blink 4 times if I’m on the right track?

Lol.  We can try to speculate on who might fit this definition, but I'm guessing not Cruz.  I was thinking maybe a player on a team who is about to acquire a star SS?  The Cubs have been linked to all of the remaining 3 FA SSs, so maybe Hoerner..?  Although not likely, they could flip him in exchange for some of our young players to help improve their weaknesses.