• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell

BTH

I cannot comprehend how someone so gifted athletically is so horrible defensively. And it’s not like his defense was ever flagged as a concern when he was a prospect.

High school players can play better defense, and I don’t feel like he comprehends and admits how bad he is defensively.

Whatever defensive work he puts in clearly isn’t working. Something needs to change. These aren’t defensive mistakes professionals make.

I'm starting to think that Adell is the type of player that doesn't breakout until he's 26 or 27. I could see a scenario where he's up and down for the next couple years, and eventually included as a throw in a trade, then gets a fresh start somewhere else and does well, but is never anything close to what we hoped he'd be.

I just don't see a good major leaguer there, at least not anytime soon. He's basically the same guy we saw in 2020, when he looked like an 18-year old from Rookie ball called up prematurely. It is sad and frustrating that he's shown no improvement since then.

7 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I cannot comprehend how someone so gifted athletically is so horrible defensively. And it’s not like his defense was ever flagged as a concern when he was a prospect.

High school players can play better defense, and I don’t feel like he comprehends and admits how bad he is defensively.

Whatever defensive work he puts in clearly isn’t working. Something needs to change. These aren’t defensive mistakes professionals make.

I truly believe he needs a trade.

there was a time when neither steve sax or chuck knoblauch could throw a ball from second base to first. something got in their head and they just couldn't do it anymore.

i'm willing to bet something similar has happened to adell and his keystone cops approach to fielding in the outfield.

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I truly believe he needs a trade.

Problem is you’d be selling at an all time low.

I don’t know what he’d even return. At this point, I’d be motivated to trade him because I just don’t envision him ever having success with the Angels.

and Adell just looked like a 40 year old jogging and letting a bloop hit fall in fir a double.

This dude cannot be in the majors. Get him out of the org. This dude contributes in no way to a winning club.

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm starting to think that Adell is the type of player that doesn't breakout until he's 26 or 27. I could see a scenario where he's up and down for the next couple years, and eventually included as a throw in a trade, then gets a fresh start somewhere else and does well, but is never anything close to what we hoped he'd be.

I just don't see a good major leaguer there, at least not anytime soon. He's basically the same guy we saw in 2020, when he looked like an 18-year old from Rookie ball called up prematurely. It is sad and frustrating that he's shown no improvement since then.

Exactly. He's still pretty much the same guy. The Angels have failed to develop him. 

What else can we do at this point other than laugh? That outfield play is one of the most pathetic I’ve seen. 
I was worried in spring training that if Adell and Marsh sucked we would be really bad, and here we are… total oversight to go into the season with Trout, Adell, Ward and Marsh with zero depth beyond that. 

Wonder if Eppler would want to take him off our hands 😂😂

Jokes aside… to me I feel like the irreconcilable differences are too strong to fix…

You can see he no longer cares for the Angels and the Angels don’t seem to care anymore as well…

Cut your loses and move on

I think Adell just needs to be treated like any other prospect: He plays in the majors if he earns it. 

That said, I think they should keep him up for the rest of the year on the off chance that something clicks and he can end the season on a high note, and then build momentum going into next year. But the default is, back to AAA next year - and keep him there until he actually makes big strides on his plate discipline and defense. No guarantees, no impending call-ups if he has a good week. He's a prospect, not a major leaguer, and should be treated as such. And he's not even a top prospect anymore - he's a garden variety prospect who probably has a future in the major leagues, but in what capacity is unknown.

That also means that the Angels need to find another outfielder. Trout and Ward are locks, but they need someone who can platoon with Marsh and either become the 4th outfielder if Marsh improves, or start if Marsh doesn't, and Marsh becomes the 4OF. Or someone who can DH if Ohtani is traded and Marsh plays well.

Someone hypnotize the O’s ownership and FO and tell them to trade Grayson Rodriguez, Gunnar Henderson, Colton Cowser, and one other hitting prospect and one other pitching prospect to the Halos for Ohtani.

No more feast or famine for a roster anymore!

No more countless clean peanut type acquisitions and re-acquisitions.   Do the Halos lead MLB in those?

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Tank said:

there was a time when neither steve sax or chuck knoblauch could throw a ball from second base to first. something got in their head and they just couldn't do it anymore.

i'm willing to bet something similar has happened to adell and his keystone cops approach to fielding in the outfield.

He's got the yips?

I think the whole team has the yips.

Can we at-least all agree that this Adell experiment needs to end? 

There's no amount of "real game experience" that fixes a person who biffs plays like this. 

You could go pluck a little leaguer off the field and put them in left and they would have gotten control of that ball faster than Adell did. 

Dude can't play RIGHT FIELD - can't play LEFT FIELD.

Remember - the team let Kole Calhoun go because Adell was waiting in the wings.

Sure, Kole isn't hitting that great...but his defense was always - still is - spectacular. 

Reminds me of how they let Bengie Molina go because the had the #2 catching prospect behind Joe Mauer waiting in the wings in Jeff "couldn't hit water if he fell outta a friggin' boat" Mathis aka Sosh's pet.

Sent him down - brought up this AA catcher...who was better...but soon traded him...only to consistently torment his former team.

940-napoli-8col.jpg

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

no. he sucks at baseball. you have no eye for talent. you think he could break out in a few years? hot take, bro.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Adell has the yips. Add that to the ever lengthening list of "just typical Angels stuff"

This team is the Detroit Lions of baseball