• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell

BTH

6 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

The first time I saw Brandon Wood's long looping swing, I knew there was no way he's ever be able to hit MLB pitching unless he shortened it significantly.

Wonder what Cali thought when he saw Brandon Wood 

Bad Play, should had got in front of the ball and just dropped to block it from getting by him and let it go for a Double. He tried to pick it with his glove with his body leaning to the infield for the throw.... Backhand..

To make it worse he kicked it or dropped it and then had to throw a strike to Rengifo which he did and then Rengifo spiked the throw to Suzuki... Better relay throw he's out at the plate!

Overall, what I see, and have continued to watch... There is ZERO coaching he has never been shown how to play the ball in the corner or off the wall... He leaned at the waist to pick it up with his glove and the ball skipped past him... That's either laziness/aloofness or lack of instruction! He want's to MAKE $$$$ in the Future so I will go with a Coaching/Development issue!

Sorry, I've watched enough of both this year!

5 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

So basically you are saying the Angels should be tanking games under the guise of "assessing guys"?   That's pretty clever, but most ball players and managers want to win the games they play in.

Oh, not at all. Tanking means you are doing everything you can to lose in order to improve your draft pick. It would also involve more days off for Ward, Ohtani, Fletcher to "keep them healthy". I'm saying this--what is the purpose of playing Sierra? Velazquez? Doing late game defensive subs? We are not vying for a playoff spot. The most important thing for next year is the following, to me (in order): 

1. Can Jo Adell be our every day LF? 
2. Is Jared Walsh our 1B, or a platoon guy? 
3. Is Rengifo our everyday 2B? 
4. Is Taylor Ward good enough to be our RF for the next 3-4 years? 
5. Which pitchers are good enough to seriously consider a rotation spot next year? Among Silseth, Bush (maybe), Junk, Touissant (lol), Barria (earned a shot), Suarez, Diaz, Mayers (LOL), and maybe Davis Daniel, Coleman Crow, Chris Molina. 
6. Which guys belong in the bullpen next year? Among Silseth, Murphy, Torres, Wantz, Warren, Marte, Peguero, Reyes (hopefully), and Ortega. 

The rest of this year is about figuring out next year. They don't have to tank to do that, but they absolutely should commit to guys that are a part of the future. 

1 hour ago, ThisismineScios said:

Oh, not at all. Tanking means you are doing everything you can to lose in order to improve your draft pick. It would also involve more days off for Ward, Ohtani, Fletcher to "keep them healthy". I'm saying this--what is the purpose of playing Sierra? Velazquez? Doing late game defensive subs? We are not vying for a playoff spot. The most important thing for next year is the following, to me (in order): 

1. Can Jo Adell be our every day LF? 
2. Is Jared Walsh our 1B, or a platoon guy? 
3. Is Rengifo our everyday 2B? 
4. Is Taylor Ward good enough to be our RF for the next 3-4 years? 
5. Which pitchers are good enough to seriously consider a rotation spot next year? Among Silseth, Bush (maybe), Junk, Touissant (lol), Barria (earned a shot), Suarez, Diaz, Mayers (LOL), and maybe Davis Daniel, Coleman Crow, Chris Molina. 
6. Which guys belong in the bullpen next year? Among Silseth, Murphy, Torres, Wantz, Warren, Marte, Peguero, Reyes (hopefully), and Ortega. 

The rest of this year is about figuring out next year. They don't have to tank to do that, but they absolutely should commit to guys that are a part of the future. 

I thought he was gonzo?... Is he creeping in Salt Lake?

4 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

They have him starting in AAA. He's thrown like 5IP his last few times out. He's not doing terribly either...

Interesting, Though I like him in the bullpen. It's probably more for innings to work on repetition within his motion or working on consistency of his release point on pitches. I mean bullpen from starting is just a different mindset on the mental side of the game. 

The main issue we still find challenging is getting ahead early in the count and establishing strike one!

27 minutes ago, Fake Chow said:

Kids dont use aluminum bats in High School/college anymore its all composite and BBcor. 

BBCor is not a material.  It is a performance standard that was designed to control how “hot” a bat can be to protect players.

The material is aluminum (aluminum alloy).

“BCOR stands for “Bat-Ball Coefficient of Restitution”. This is a standard that is enforced by the National Federation of State High School Associations”

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Without knowing any context to the play or game, lol

These things are going to happen, but when everything else you're doing is bad, it stands out more.

Last year he hit a big Grand Slam, and pimped it. I made a comment that he needs to stay quiet until he actually "arrives", and some people here didn't like that.

His story between that one at bat and now is what I was getting at...