• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerry Dipoto: ''One bad streak away from considering all options.''

Scioscia's gone after this year.  Dipoto will likely get another year but if they fail again next year he's gone.  He could even get fired at the end of this year as well, definitely a possibility.  Dumb of him to not fire Scioscia sooner to at least try to save his own ass.

I highly doubt Dipoto could fire Scioscia.  Arte probably would be the one who would make that call.  Especially since Arte would have to buy out 25 million.

That said, if this team is a 71 win team it probably would be the end of Scioscia.  He would then go to the Dodgers and win his second WS

I highly doubt Dipoto could fire Scioscia.  Arte probably would be the one who would make that call.  Especially since Arte would have to buy out 25 million.

That said, if this team is a 71 win team it probably would be the end of Scioscia.  He would then go to the Dodgers and win his second WS

Ok so 71 is the goal then. Make it happen team.

Ok so 71 is the goal then. Make it happen team.

I would be suprised to see Mike win a second world series with any team.  Sometimes it seems like Mike does not want to adjust to the changes in the game brought about by players like Trout, Harper, etc.  His track record suggests that Mike struggles with managing successful veteran players and exerts more influence on younger players.  Mike Scioscia with the Dodgers would merit the same results.....only he would have his buddy Hatcher back with him in the dugout.

I do not know of many current managers who are successful at managing previously successful free agent veterans who struggle....maybe Leland?

The team isn't financially screwed because of those two contracts. The new TV contract is for $150 million a season, right now the team payroll is about $140 million. When the TV contract was $50 million Arte was still spending $120 million on salary. I'm guessing he has wiggle room.

Safe to say you are dead wrong.

I tend to agree with the first guy.

The problem with a firesale is the team doesn't have a lot in value that wouldn't hurt like hell to give up, especially because the farm system is bare...so it's not like they can do a quick 1-2 year rebuild...at that point your window with Jerry's Kids and the half billion dollar spending spree will close, dragging the team down further...so most likely the Angels are going to be forced to try and make some moves around the edges and double down again next year.

The Pujols (and Wilson) signing was geared towards winning as much as you could in the first few years...Hamilton doubled down on that. Everybody thought they'd get a ring or two up front before the devil wanted his due. This plan appears to be flawed. That's why I never understood why the hell they went cheap on the bullpen last year. All that damn money and they broke spring training with one question mark after another in the bullpen. ****ing stupid. He deserves to be fired just for that.

Terry Francona

Joe Maddon

Francona-yes

Maddon-not sure.  What struggling, previously successful veteran has he managed?  Don't get me wrong, I would prefer Joe to Mike, but I think the Angel's problems goes beyond simple solutions.

I would be suprised to see Mike win a second world series with any team.  Sometimes it seems like Mike does not want to adjust to the changes in the game brought about by players like Trout, Harper, etc.  His track record suggests that Mike struggles with managing successful veteran players and exerts more influence on younger players.  Mike Scioscia with the Dodgers would merit the same results.....only he would have his buddy Hatcher back with him in the dugout.

I do not know of many current managers who are successful at managing previously successful free agent veterans who struggle....maybe Leland?

Pray tell...what "changes" to the game have guys like Trout and Harper brought? The run straight to second? Use a bigger bat? Have superpowers? Can read minds?

Even if Trout has to "wait out" Hamilton's entire contract, he'd still only be 26.  Just entering his prime years.  Hell, even if he is paid to "wait out" Pujol's entire deal, he'd be 31.  Probably still in his prime.  Point is....there is time.  Don't freak out and demand that Trout be traded just to speed up the clock on the Pujols/Hamilton contracts.  We can still win with those bloated deals.  Maybe just not immediately (i.e. this year).

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130610&content_id=50200974&vkey=news_nyy&c_id=nyy

I'm not pushing to get rid of Trout but if that what it takes to get rid $350+ million off the Angels payroll. You do i

Not the worst idea ever although it would certainly cause a panic. 

Besides the prospects brought back think of what 350 mil would replace in terms of loss production of Trout. Unfortunately I don't have confidence we wouldn't just throw the money at crap all over again.  

Doc if Trout was not in the lineup we would be 20 games out. Trout is a great player who is carrying this team. But what he's really doing is masking the obvious. This is a really bad baseball team.

We're ten games out now. You're saying that without Trout we would have lost ten of the 33 games we have won to this point, giving us a worse record than the Marlins. Trout is a terrific player, but he's not that good. A 10 WAR over 33 games?

Not the worst idea ever although it would certainly cause a panic. 

Besides the prospects brought back think of what 350 mil would replace in terms of loss production of Trout. Unfortunately I don't have confidence we wouldn't just throw the money at crap all over again.  

N, it's the worst idea ever. And, there's no way in hell this would happen. 

I don't think MS will get "fired". It will be something along the lines of what happened with Reagins and Hatcher, but on a much larger scale. I think he'll either be traded or offered a FO position.

Yea, I don't know how a manager's contract is written. Is it written as a manager only contract, or more of an employee of the team contract. I could easily see them offering him a front office position and then working out either a trade or he just chooses to opt out of his contract rather than take the front office position. This is the best way it can go down, rather than firing him and having to pay him.