• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerry Dipoto: ''One bad streak away from considering all options.''

Dipoto has done some nice things (Frieri) some okay things when we needed it (Ianetta) and some bad things (the big 3 signings, tho they were probably Artie's choice). He knows how to make a good trade (the Haren thing has proven to be great for the DBacks since he made that deal while with them). If Artie lets him make the deals he wants, I think the team would look a lot different, and IMHO he'd look at least like an okay GM.

lol at trading trout.  the only time I would every trade him is if the team was 20 games out at the all-star break in his last arb year and he showed no interest in returning to the team. 

I would rather the team continue to sign over priced free agents to surround him in an attempt to win than not have him. 

'considering all options' is turning over potential free agents at the end of this season and trying to reload in the hope that pujols and hamilton get their act together. 

Doc if Trout was not in the lineup we would be 20 games out. Trout is a great player who is carrying this team. But what he's really doing is masking the obvious. This is a really bad baseball team.

trying to find some logic in this.... my head hurts

Doc if Trout was not in the lineup we would be 20 games out. Trout is a great player who is carrying this team. But what he's really doing is masking the obvious. This is a really bad baseball team.

If you believe that Hamilton and Pujols won't be any better than they are now for 2014-2016 and that we can't ad some better pitching over that time the I guess it's not even worth discussing. 

The new hot topic among Angel fans for the next few months after each losing streak:

"So umm...what exactly is going to constitute a bad streak?

Doesn't [_insert_number_] games do it ??!"

Losing 2 of 3 to the Pirates.  That works for me.

Being down 7 games to 3 in the season series against the Astros works for me 

not that much is gonna happen.  They'll trade Downs.  Make Richards a starter.  Maybe call up a guy or two.  The people who expect a fire sale are gonna be disappointed. 

i would like a fire sale and i agree with you.

I don't anticipate a complete fire sale, but i don't think trading one of Aybar or HK and possibly few others is completely is out of the question or bringing in a new coaching staff in the OS. I'll admit I'm expecting them to make a few changes, and i think they will. I don't see how anyone couldn't at this point.  That fact that Dipoto came out and said this is pretty telling of the teams current mindset, I believe. Especially when all we've heard for the last 4-5 years is that the Angels believe they have a "Championship caliber team."

What in the world makes you think the future, older versions of Pujols/Hamilton are going to be any better than what we are getting now?  If anything it will be worse.

While I hope both get better, Hamilton seems less likely of the two of them to figure it out. At least Albert still has the bat speed and solid plate approach going for him. I think he'd be doing a little better if his legs were in better shape too.

That's the thing, his knee is screwed forever.  It will only get worse with age.

That may be true, but once he gets the plantar fasciitis under control I imagine he'll improve some what. Im not talking vintage Pujols more like an 850-900 ops. Not worth what the team pays him but still productive.