• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USA Today: "It was a year ago when Albert Pujols was released by the Angels that he informed Minasian and president John Carpino that they would never win as long as Maddon was the manager. Several veterans privately thanked Pujols for speaking out."

BTH

From the USA Today:

e919b0c9-2c16-4d46-89db-141f836dfdd2-_joe-maddon2.webp

"It was a year ago when Albert Pujols was released by the Angels that he informed Minasian and president John Carpino that they would never win as long as Maddon was the manager. Several veterans privately thanked Pujols for speaking out. The Angels finished with their second consecutive fourth-place finish, but they stuck with Maddon, believing he deserved one more chance."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/angels/2022/06/07/joe-maddon-fired-los-angeles-angels-manager/10004728002/

16 minutes ago, Trendon said:

From the USA Today:

"It was a year ago when Albert Pujols was released by the Angels that he informed Minasian and president John Carpino that they would never win as long as Maddon was the manager. Several veterans privately thanked Pujols for speaking out. The Angels finished with their second consecutive fourth-place finish, but they stuck with Maddon, believing he deserved one more chance."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/angels/2022/06/07/joe-maddon-fired-los-angeles-angels-manager/10004728002/

After not winning shit for ten years with his fat ass?

I've stated here that the Angels wouldn't win another World Series with Scioscia as the manager. I am still completely baffled why he was given a 10 year contract. Arte is insane. Bochy won 3 WS in 6 years and wasn't given more than like a 4 year deal.

I stated that the Angels won't win a World Series with Arte as the owner. I also stated that DiPoto would get hired within a year as a GM when so many here were acting like his career in baseball was over. I didn't have enough time to evaluate the rotating doors of managers the Angels have had but seeing as Arte is still the owner and still hiring the wrong people and or not listening to the people he hired and signs whomever he wants or blocks trades, this team isn't winning a WS with Nevin or anyone else as long as Arte is running things unless he completely stays out of baseball matters. I am not good enough to find my posts about it.

Pujols was right about Maddon. Makes me shudder typing that.

8 hours ago, cals said:

Well they absolutely weren’t going to win with Pujols either, so they’re kind of kindred spirits, no?

LOL Words of truth. I would say that that is a prime example of hubris on Albert's part. He had 10 years to prove that the Angels could win with him manning first base and wielding the wood from the heart of the batting order. Gee, Albert. That worked out so well. That takes a tremendous amount of chutzpah on Albert Pujol's part to even opine on that with a straight face.