• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I saw Dunkirk in 35mm the weekend it came out. Thought it was freaking amazing. Not a traditional war movie in any sense. But just non-stop action and super tense throughout the whole film. I think a lot of people don't like it because it doesn't follow the traditional war movie narrative/script. It's meant to just throw you into the horrific experience of the event (mind you I think it's a much more powerful theater movie than it would be at home) and let you figure the rest out on your own.

Watched two more movies on the flight home today. 

Life - B+    solid alien-in-space movie. Nice surprise ending.

Guardians of the Galaxy - C   I was bored in several places. I also fell asleep during part. If they discussed why the little kid was abducted at the beginning or how he acquired the all-powerful orb, I missed it. I liked Groot more than I thought I would, but the dialogue was corny, and not in a fun way. Could have watched the sequel but didn't have enough time.

started watching  Fist Fight, about the two teachers that meet after school (one of my former students is in it, the 7 foot black guy from Sons of Anarchy). What a crapfest. Glad I didn't spend any money to see it. Bailed after ten minutes, which was about eight minutes longer than the movie deserved.

Edited by Tank

Finished the latest season of Homeland. 

It was okay. Feels like the writers changed their minds about the overall story in the last couple of episodes. Makes me wonder if they might've re-shot some scenes. 

1 hour ago, Ray McKigney said:

Watched The Founder with Michael Keaton. It's about Ray Kroc and the McDonald brothers. Pretty good biopic. Good actors. 

Michael Keaton is a great actor.  But man, he made Kroc look like a huge dick.  And maybe he was.  It was a good movie though.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:18 PM, IEAngelsfan said:

This is one of my favorite shows.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, mrwicked said:

back on Billions, few episodes into season 2.

love this show.

Going to finish season 2 tonight...the penultimate episode was one of the best in the whole series. Man...these people stop at nothing to fuck each other!

Great season of a great show.

The Defenders.

It was pretty good. 

Glad it was only 8 eps. Wish Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron fist were all 8 eps as well.  I enjoyed all of them, but they all got pretty repetitive. Especially Jessica Jones.