• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

We've been watching reruns if Castle on TNT lately and have really gotten into it. It's a very entertaining show, and detective Beckett makes for some nice eye candy. Same with reruns of Bones and Emily Deschanel.

We have been watching old reruns of That 70's Show.  I know some people are pretty against the show but I think it is good innocent juvenile humor.  I forgot how good the show got in seasons 6 and 7.  It is too bad that for season 8, Topher and Kutcher bailed on the show.  Season 8 is garbage, they should have just stopped at 7.

We have been watching old reruns of That 70's Show.  I know some people are pretty against the show but I think it is good innocent juvenile humor.  I forgot how good the show got in seasons 6 and 7.  It is too bad that for season 8, Topher and Kutcher bailed on the show.  Season 8 is garbage, they should have just stopped at 7.

Red is my parental role model.  

Watched a couple movies recently:

Trance - 6/10

A little disappointed overall, but not a bad movie, just not one of Danny Boyle's best. Though if you're interested in Rosario Dawson full frontal nudity, gives this movie a poke.

Kon-Tiki - 8/10

Basically a true story version of Life of Pi which I thought was great.

42 - 7/10

Very by the numbers biopic with a lot of cheesy moments, but loving baseball, I still found myself enjoying the movie.

Despicable Me 2.  Went with my daughter yesterday, she loved it.  7/10.  Almost as good as the first one.

Just saw it today with my daughter.  I'd give it an 8.5.  Really enjoyed it, better than I thought it would be.  It was more like a series of skits connected together than an actual movie, but still good.

Just saw it today with my daughter.  I'd give it an 8.5.  Really enjoyed it, better than I thought it would be.  It was more like a series of skits connected together than an actual movie, but still good.

We need those guacamole hats at the next aw function.

The last couple of weeks I've watched a few of ESPN's 30 for 30 movies on DirecTV and Nexflix streaming. They all have been very good so far. One's I've seen are Bo Jackson, Fernando Valenzuela, Marcus Dupree, Gretzky trade to L.A., a day in June '94/OJ driving up the freeway, and the one on the '83 NFL draft. The Bo Jackson one has been my favorite one so far..got to see the rest of them still.

Also watched "Knuckleball" on Netflix the other day..very good as well. 

White House Down 6.5/10

Good summer popcorn movie but I was really bothered by two things: the crowd standing around the perimeter fence while the White House is under siege, as if they wouldn't have cleared several city blocks around it, and at the end when any and all people can just come onto the suddenly open grounds f a major crime scene without anyone running security to keep them out. And all this is happening while the White House is still on fire, with no fire crews trying to put it out. Sloppy detail work that shouldn't happen.

The last couple of weeks I've watched a few of ESPN's 30 for 30 movies on DirecTV and Nexflix streaming. They all have been very good so far. One's I've seen are Bo Jackson, Fernando Valenzuela, Marcus Dupree, Gretzky trade to L.A., a day in June '94/OJ driving up the freeway, and the one on the '83 NFL draft. The Bo Jackson one has been my favorite one so far..got to see the rest of them still.

Also watched "Knuckleball" on Netflix the other day..very good as well. 

The Len Bias one is really good too.

Speaking of knuckleballers....let's go back in time...  and remember Dennis Springer.  Lots of Halos of the past get some love.  Some random, some not so random.   But I cannot remember a Dennis Springer reference on here.

springer

Watching Game of Thrones and around the middle of season 2.

Broken City 6/10

Not so much a bad movie, just really linear for the promise it could have had.

Dead Man Down 8.5/10

Surprisingly good. It is nothing like the previews or what I assumed from the trailer. Interesting story line, wasn't a fan of the end but it doesn't detract from the overall movie. Recommended.