• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, Daniel Walton said:

Season 2 was great. A lot of people didn't like season 3..I had no problem with it. Once Clay was killed off..that's when it started to go downhill.

I remember one part in I think the final episode. Jax literally executes someone right in front of city hall and just jogs off. No one chases him..nothing happens afterwards

Ok, he actually murders two people without a silencer and just jogs off. My mistake.

It would be nice if you didn't post spoilers, even for old stuff. Not everyone has watched SOA.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

It would be nice if you didn't post spoilers, even for old stuff. Not everyone has watched SOA.

Eh, SOA has been off the air for like five years, I say it is beyond the statute of limitations.

Also, I re-watched it recently and I think I enjoyed it more than the first time, still left a lot to be desired and the last couple seasons really kinda sucked.

Just now, nate said:

Eh, SOA has been off the air for like five years, I say it is beyond the statute of limitations.

Also, I re-watched it recently and I think I enjoyed it more than the first time, still left a lot to be desired and the last couple seasons really kinda sucked.

I just said it would be nice.  I've never seen it.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:27 PM, Brandon said:

SOA had it's moments. I don't ever remember just one solid season where every episode was must watch tv.....maybe season 2 was close with that chick FBI agent. But when it would start to get stagnant they would drop a bomb and bring you back in. It also had some of the most brutal death and intense (rape, etc.) scenes ever put on TV.

Hopefully Mayans will check out.

The show was like 80% great, but all the deus ex machina stuff the writers pulled kinda ruined it. It’s like they would just write themselves into some crazy spider web plot-wise, then have something come totally out of left field to wrap it all up. That always felt kinda frantic and lazy, which took away from most of the really solid writing and acting. I liked a lot of the music choices they used early on in the series too.

15 hours ago, Don said:

The show was like 80% great, but all the deus ex machina stuff the writers pulled kinda ruined it. It’s like they would just write themselves into some crazy spider web plot-wise, then have something come totally out of left field to wrap it all up. That always felt kinda frantic and lazy, which took away from most of the really solid writing and acting. I liked a lot of the music choices they used early on in the series too.

Agreed, especially the out of left field stuff. When they really went after a story arc or went down a certain path they had well thought out it was perfectly executed and came across really strong with either character development or story progression. Ultimately a good show and fun one to follow and watch end in real time with the buzz that went on around it for the finale. They could have cut it down about a season and 

Spoiler

for the love of good just ditched that Ireland season altogether

But it was a good show to catch. There's a couple other shows I like that will never win any awards, but are good times for about an hour once a week...or in this case, I think I was three seasons or so late waiting to see if it was worthwhile and the show seemed to pick up steam so I binged the first three seasons and then followed the rest. Probably wouldn't even mind re-watching the show.

On 7/29/2018 at 9:24 PM, Tank said:

saw mission impossible this afternoon. intense and incredible stunts. worth your time on the big screen.

i'm becoming a big fan of rebecca ferguson.

I agree.  It was a fun movie.  Can't get too caught up in the specifics/reality of the movie.  But the stunts, especially since they weren't green screened, were pretty incredible.  And as crazy as Tom Cruise is, and maybe why he's doing them, he's approaching Jackie Chan levels in his stunts.  Definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

16 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Just got into The Expanse, and ended up binging the first season. I can’t remember the last time I did that... I usually don’t have time for more than one or two episodes.

Awesome show. You should check out “The 100”

2 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

I watched the first 2 seasons of "The 100" and lost some interest.

How is season 3?   Is it better than season 2?

I find that surprising because I really enjoyed season 2. If you made it that far then you should just binge the rest on Netflix. 

Brockmire, Preacher, and Black Sails are playing right now.

Brockmire 1st season is hilarious, and has picked-up after the first two shaky episodes of season two.

Preacher is very strange, and even with that description has kinda rode off the rails this season.  Still entertaining though.

Black Sails is great for us pirate lovers.  It's got the pirate violence, sex, and politics.

I've got SOA, Sicario, and a few other oldies cued-up as time allows....

Watched Britannia.   Interesting show, and it's short, like 8 episodes.  It goes heavy in the Druid mystical stuff.  And because of that, it's weird.  And without giving things away, I think the last episode puts everything together in what the story is really about.  

Started watching Castle Rock on a whim and enjoying it so far.  My only complaint is that Hulu (at least for this show, probably all of their content) drops one episode each week like network television rather than the entire season at once like Netflix. 

I need to find something I can start to binge this weekend but every time I scroll through Netflix/Hulu/Prime I'm terrible about just getting into something.