• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rays @ Angels (5/11/22 4pm start): Ohtani on the mound, no Trout or Ward

11 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

With an off day tomorrow, kind of weird for Trout to be resting, but I guess this is something we'll see from both him and Rendon in the early going considering their injury history last season. I'd expect Rendon to get a day off shortly

Agreed that it is odd to rest the best player in baseball when we have an off day tomorrow. Not a fan of that move at all, especially with how great he was yesterday. 

I think Maddon and Perry see what the rest of us see--there is a very big need to keep some of these injury prone guys healthy. Rendon and Trout are going to get days off every 10 days or so, and if they can back that up into a day off, they'll do that too. Also, Stassi is only going to catch about 100 games or so to keep him healthy (bad hips). I imagine if they hadn't won yesterday he'd be playing to try and grab the series. I don't like it because Trout is the best player alive, but if this helps him stay healthier all year by all means, do it while Ohtani is pitching and we've clinched the series.