• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Once again, the problem with these articles is we have no way of knowing how much the writer knows versus just printing a bunch of stuff he made up in his head.

I'm sure a number of guys are available. But, Vatranno? Henrique - maybe, why not Strome? Some are easy to say; others are going to have to be wait and see until we have more experiences that we can use to understand Verbeek. better.

45 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

We really need top 4 if the people who rate the draft are correct. After that you're looking to find what others missed.

Actually, reading up on it a bit, there is only two lottery draft picks.  So no matter what we will pick no higher than 3rd.  Even if we have the worst record, you know two teams will jump over us.  

7 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah and this time don't give him more than a year. If you have to pay him a little more, do it. This is costing us draft picks.

It would be funny if that is his actual hockey strategy.  Think about it.  You know you are a good in demand 4th liner.  You win faceoffs, kill penalties, play in the dirty areas.  But you won't make the big Terry and Z bucks.  So, spend 9 months of the year living in Southern Calolfornia making a million or two a year.  And 3 months playing on a cup contender.  Rinse and repeat, and every year, you play for the cup, but get to live in warmth and sunshine for your family.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

It would be funny if that is his actual hockey strategy.  Think about it.  You know you are a good in demand 4th liner.  You win faceoffs, kill penalties, play in the dirty areas.  But you won't make the big Terry and Z bucks.  So, spend 9 months of the year living in Southern Calolfornia making a million or two a year.  And 3 months playing on a cup contender.  Rinse and repeat, and every year, you play for the cup, but get to live in warmth and sunshine for your family.

Not a bad gig. Though I think the guy is worth more than we pay him. Never have understood why teams won't pay him 2M a year.

15 hours ago, arch stanton said:

You pay for points

Yeah, I agree. But his points have been enough for 2M wouldn't you say? And, a smart GM would look more at goals and assists that were primary and meant something. 

I don't know. The guy has just always seemed like a solid, contributing role player to me. But, I goess the market speaks for itself.

39 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah, I agree. But his points have been enough for 2M wouldn't you say? And, a smart GM would look more at goals and assists that were primary and meant something. 

I don't know. The guy has just always seemed like a solid, contributing role player to me. But, I goess the market speaks for itself.

I guess if you look at it this way Grant might be overpaid.

Grant.  $1.5 million.

Perry, Maroon.  $1 million.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I guess if you look at it this way Grant might be overpaid.

Grant.  $1.5 million.

Perry, Maroon.  $1 million.  

The way I'm looking at it that these guys are all put into a pool of players a GM can get in a certain price range. Some are worth more; some less; some not worth having. But due to the lack of truly quality GM's, the better ones get stuck signing for an amount lower than their worth. There's just not enough vision by enough teams to see actual value to elevate their stature. They just get lumped into a group. The so-so GM's can't see their value. So, the better GM"s get them for a 'going rate' due to the lack of competition for their services.

Perry was worth a lot more to the last three teams he played for than he was paid. I know he's skewed that recently by his willingness to play for only a very select group of teams. But, it's still a similar situation.