• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

9 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Oh well, win some; lose more (or at least for now).

I saw some fan site for Detroit where the guy was making up trades with the Ducks. He thought if Klingburg was too expensive,they could pry Shattenkirk away for a second round pick and a prospect. Just lmao. Sure, we'll even throw a goalie in.

I saw that.  Poor Grant.  Going to be traded by the Ducks again.  

BTW, Carrick is on a conditioning loan to the Gulls and is close.  

So my day after impressions of the game. 

Benoit is a solid bottom pairing player.  And he is really working towards being a middle pairing Dman.  I thought he plays a solid physical game every game.  He really seemed to pair well with Klingberg, and let Klingberg open up his offense a bit. 

Kulikov is just snakebit.  That has got to have been the 3rd or 4th goal this season, if not more, that has bounced off him and in.  He plays a really high tempo game, but I don't know if it's too high tempo and gets him in trouble or in the wrong place.  

Rico/Terry/Z has some great chemistry going.  

But outside of that trio, it's a huge dropoff in production to the other three lines.  And that's a big problem. 

What is up with McTavish on the fourth line?  

Lundestrom has really regressed and is doing a Comtois this season.

Regenda was noticable, even though he didn't score.  He plays a big game, and plays in the dirty areas.  the Stome/Vatrano/Regenda combo was working well, even though they didn't score.  Might need a few games to get the chemistry going.  

Refs still suck.

I think they're just moving MacTavish around, getting him NHL experience. They don't seem to have high expectations for him this year. Kind of a 'just learn, baby" approach.

Lundestrom is getting the shaft. They obviously figure out who's going to be on the other three lines for the night and stick him with the two leftovers. He consistently gets Silfverburg Stonehands.

Benoit has been underrated since early last season. People are starting to take notice though. Beaulieu has also been playing rather well. I wouldn't be surprised to see Klingburg, Kulikov, and Shattenkirk available early for deadline trading.

I'm not paying enough attention. I just read that the Ducks haven't won a game in regulation this year yet. I didn't realize that.

7 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Klingburg, Kulikov, and Shattenkirk available early for deadline trading.

Right now your UFA for next year is Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Kulikov, Beaulieu, Stolarz, Moore, and Grant.  I can see them all being traded.  And of course, I'm hoping that Gibswim is traded instead of Stolarz.  Even if we eat half of Gibswims salary, which is considerable (4 more years/$6.2 million per, so $3.1 million).  It just can't be good for the team morale, especially with the defense, when they hear the defense is horrible on the Ducks, when Gibswim is laying on his back and Stolarz is blocking things on his feet.

57 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Right now your UFA for next year is Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Kulikov, Beaulieu, Stolarz, Moore, and Grant.  I can see them all being traded.  And of course, I'm hoping that Gibswim is traded instead of Stolarz.  Even if we eat half of Gibswims salary, which is considerable (4 more years/$6.2 million per, so $3.1 million).  It just can't be good for the team morale, especially with the defense, when they hear the defense is horrible on the Ducks, when Gibswim is laying on his back and Stolarz is blocking things on his feet.

I would like to see them bring back Beaulieu and Grant (The return per dollar on their contracts is great). Moore? You mean White? Not sure about White yet. But Strand looked okay last game. It's relative, since these are all low rent guys. But right now we have a low rent team. So they play well for now.

I don't see Gibson getting traded. He's an allstar when he's on and his contract is easy to carry for this team. He's in Silfverburg territory. Not worth his contract and not worth giving to another team for what we would have to give or take back. Since the Ducks don't need the cap space and they're not costing us a playoff spot, better to let it ride and hope they have a spurt where another team will want them.

It's still a matter of time with Gibson, Stolarz, Dostal and now Clang. I feel Stolarz and Dostal are  probably the first two to go. I just don't know in what order. I think it will depend on future trades and what other teams want.

15 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I would like to see them bring back Beaulieu and Grant (The return per dollar on their contracts is great). Moore? You mean White? Not sure about White yet. But Strand looked okay last game. It's relative, since these are all low rent guys. But right now we have a low rent team. So they play well for now.

I don't see Gibson getting traded. He's an allstar when he's on and his contract is easy to carry for this team. He's in Silfverburg territory. Not worth his contract and not worth giving to another team for what we would have to give or take back. Since the Ducks don't need the cap space and they're not costing us a playoff spot, better to let it ride and hope they have a spurt where another team will want them.

It's still a matter of time with Gibson, Stolarz, Dostal and now Clang. I feel Stolarz and Dostal are  probably the first two to go. I just don't know in what order. I think it will depend on future trades and what other teams want.

Ducks would be foolish to trade Dostal.  Even in 2-3 years when this team is good, if Gibswim is in net, this team will be bad.  Dostal is the future.  

It would be better to trade Gibswim now while he has some value before he has zero value and is hurting the team even more than he is now.  

As far as cap space.  The Ducks will fill it up quick with Terry and Z being RFA's after this season.  Probably 8-9 on those two a piece would bring the available cap space to $26 million.  Fowler would be the only big price Dman on roster.  So we would need to spend there.  And with how our forwards corps is looking.  We will probably need help there also.  In other words, it's going to fill up quick as the young graduate.  

Okay, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying (after knowing a couple like him) what I think Verbeek will do.

He won't move Gibson (or Silfverburg) until either he has to or they come up big enough that another team will give him a god deal for them. Right now he doesn't have to, so they stay with the Ducks.

From what I've gathered, Clang rates out as a better prospect than Dostal. Not my opinion, because I know very little about Clang. But Verbeek brought him in. So, that says something about his thinking (maybe a lot; maybe a little? But if I go with probably...)

Dostal and Stolarz have value right now. Since one or two (of the four) have to go in the next year or two, these are the two most probable. No one is going to take Gibson right now; Clang probably doesn't have enough value at this point for a trade to make sense. My best guess: Stolarz either gets signed by the trade deadline or is traded before it. Dostal is gone in a year or two if Stolarz stays unless Clang clunks.

You know, I don't think the Ducks losing this year bothers Verbeek.  As long as the attitudes stay positive, the younger players keep progressing, and they play well enough at home he's going to be okay with a bad record. He didn't get Klingburg or Kulikov to spend the year here. He wants a situation where he can have another big trade deadline. I could see another 4-5 guys going if the market is right.

Time will tell. But, that's my take on where the guy is going.