• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

40 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

You know, probably the biggest problem with this happening is our defensive prospect depth. You can’t have a bunch of inexperienced d guys coming up at the same time. Drysdale was on pace to be experienced when the three guys just drafted come online. Now things just got bunched up tighter.

Zellweger, Helleson, LaCombe (if he signs), and the three we just drafted are too many. A couple are going to have to be traded unless they don’t develop.

Thats forgetting Moore, Axel something, Thrun and Hinds.

Do you think we over did the d guys?

Not really.  The goal is to find that Makar type.  Everyone else will be like a Fowler/Lindholm/Manson.  Good depth but not the top line.  Hopefully Zellweger can be the #1 type D.  But for every guy we think will be top of the line will be a Mahura.  Guy who looks like he will be a top line at Juniors, and just doesn't make it at the pro level most of the time.  

I think that's why stockpiling picks is so important.  You never know which of those guys are going to be the next big one.  

I know I'm being a bit of a fanboy. But, we do have a lot of guys considered to be good d prospects. 

On the other hand, not a whole lot in the offensive positions. Tracy, Perreault,  and even Pastujov have kind of stalled. Gaucher is a big body, but probably nothing elite. Colangelo, McLaughlin, and now Groulx seem to be disappearing. Our real offense seems to already be in Anaheim.

But, maybe a couple of these guys will turn out to be decent support guys.

Eh, probably not. We could probably pick up as much talent offensively off waivers or FA as we have in our system.

14 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

What’s up with this game? The Shark Tank looks empty and ESPN sends 2 women to broadcast it. (No pun intended)

Yeah, that barn sounds like a barn.  I've never seen them that dead.  It's still Sharks/Ducks.  Should be more people.  

13 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

From what I’ve seen so far, what do you think, go into overtime tied 10-10?

Naw, Ducks have been playing well this game.  The two that were scored on them where screens.  Ducks just need to clear the front of the net better.

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Maybe I’m just spoiled watching Makar and the Avs but the Ducks PP has no sense of urgency. The side-to-side passing isn’t crisp and the settle for the point shot too quickly 

No future NHL defensive hof’s on this team. We’re just looking for reasonable.

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Maybe I’m just spoiled watching Makar and the Avs but the Ducks PP has no sense of urgency. The side-to-side passing isn’t crisp and the settle for the point shot too quickly 

The sharks did a good job there, in that they limited how much Z handled the puck.  Z really is the guy that stirs the PP pot.  Not Klingberg or Terry that was getting the bulk of the touches.