• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

How did McTavish look? I was reading about him the other day and am kind of pumped on the dude.

He is like the exact opposite of Z.  Z goes 110% all the time, buzzing everywhere.  Moving at top speed everywhere.  McTavish is the calm collected type player.  Doesn't panic.  He is where he needs to be.  He has the big body that he uses to protect the puck, where Z uses his moves and speed to protect the puck.  He would be a good complement to either Terry or Z.  Where both of those are the shooter/scorer types, McTavish is the big body playmaker type.  

I think his biggest problem in the NHL is going to be mobility.  You can't be a stand around player in this league anymore.  You have to keep moving.  

12 hours ago, deepdrive said:

You know it's funny. No one had McTavish in the running for the Calder. With his personality type, talent, and confidence to be here, that could change soon.

Actually, after his performance at the World Juniors, he became one of the favorites to win it.  

35 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

He is like the exact opposite of Z.  Z goes 110% all the time, buzzing everywhere.  Moving at top speed everywhere.  McTavish is the calm collected type player.  Doesn't panic.  He is where he needs to be.  He has the big body that he uses to protect the puck, where Z uses his moves and speed to protect the puck.  He would be a good complement to either Terry or Z.  Where both of those are the shooter/scorer types, McTavish is the big body playmaker type.  

I think his biggest problem in the NHL is going to be mobility.  You can't be a stand around player in this league anymore.  You have to keep moving.  

I'll have to watch him. I sometimes was asked to play in that role on certain club teams that had faster or more skilled wingers. The game is definitely faster, but if he is staying in passing lanes or places that can distribute, he'll be fine. I'll have to see him play, but am excited to.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'll have to watch him. I sometimes was asked to play in that role on certain club teams that had faster or more skilled wingers. The game is definitely faster, but if he is staying in passing lanes or places that can distribute, he'll be fine. I'll have to see him play, but am excited to.

I should have added.  That he has the makings of being a future captain on the team.  But at the same time, I don't think he will be the top scorer on the team.  

Other notes from last nights game.  While line 4 didn't put any points or assists on the board, they were noticeable in a good way.  They were grinding and hitting.  Line 3 though.  They were being thoroughly dominated.  Every big possession that the Kraken had usually had line 3 out there.  Grant, Lundestrom, Silfverberg, and Comtois were your primary PK forwards.  3 of the 4 goals that the Kraken got were on the PP.  it was very noticeable that they could not keep up with the perimeter game. 

Silfverberg was useless on both sides of the puck.  Which even made it more laughable that towards the end of the game when lines were shuffled, Silfverberg was put on Z's wing and made the line disappear.  I can understand putting Vatrano with Strome and Terry.  But to pull Rico off, not put McTavish on, and put Silfverberg there?  

Comtois took it on himself to get in a fight.  Almost like he needs to expand his game to keep his job.  

5 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

1) Silfverburg may be old news.

2) McTavish is more advanced than most of us realized

3) Terry can do just fine without Getzlaf

Or at least until game 2 is played.

I was looking it up.  We buy out Silfverberg now, it's a $1.75 million hit for 4 years.  We wait till after the season, it's a $1.75 million hit for 2 years.  

It'll be interesting what happens when Carrick comes back.  I really wish they would try a Lundestrom/Jones/Regenda combo.  Carrick and Grant worked well last season.  Let Mahura/Silfverberg/Leason fight for the last spot.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I was looking it up.  We buy out Silfverberg now, it's a $1.75 million hit for 4 years.  We wait till after the season, it's a $1.75 million hit for 2 years.  

It'll be interesting what happens when Carrick comes back.  I really wish they would try a Lundestrom/Jones/Regenda combo.  Carrick and Grant worked well last season.  Let Mahura/Silfverberg/Leason fight for the last spot.

My bet is Verbeek is trying to see if Silfverberg can play well enough to dump him on a team that needs a 3rd/4th line defensive forward at the trade deadline. Nobody's probably going to take him at his current salary. So, I don't know that we would save much.

I think he'll either play well enough to stay or they'll have to pick a way to move him. We're just running out of room for him if he doesn't perform.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

NHL Rumors: Edmonton Oilers – Klingberg, Puljujarvi, Janmark and Campbell

This would be interesting.  I could see a Klingberg for a 1st, possibly more, and Puljuvari.  Puljuvari at 6'4" fits in what Beeker is going for.  And he's still 24.  Plus the Lundestrom line after one game is a glaring weakness.  

I predict 5 months of articles guessing who's going to acquire Klingberg at the deadline. We've only just begun.

If you buy Gibswim out after this season, it's a $2.133 million hit for 8 years.  The Ducks need to find a way to peddle him off while only eating $2 million of his salary per year for 4 years.  That would bring his salary down to $4.4 million a season.  Probably still no takers, but they have to try.  

When one goalie gives up 3.94 goals and a .904 save percentage, and the backup gives up 2.67 goals and a .917 save percentage.  While the D has issues, the Goalie has to make saves.  

If Stolarz isn't the starter for Monday, Eakins and Verbeek should be fired.

Where was our 3rd period comeback? LOL!

Hey, it's only the 4th game these guys have played together (basically). A lot of new players in key positions. What do we have for players who have played here 5 years: Fowler, Henrique, Silfverberg, Grant. Umm...were probably going to suck at times.

Wednesday was fun, tonight was bad, Monday against the Rangers,,,   well, that could be ugly too - or not. Box of chocolates team. 

If they keep playing competitively at home I'll be happy.

I think Solarz should get half the away starts this season. GB, I know you're kind of down on Gibson now. But, the players are really leaving him screwed out there.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

What an ass kicking. Every time the stream freezes or I turn my head the Isles score.

I tried to get on the stream I gave you. No luck tonight. I don't know what happened. It worked well on opening night.

Anyway, I gave up and payed the $20 to watch Bally. It was worth it for me. 14 games in the one month period. So, buck and a half a game. Giving up the aggravation is worth it

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

If you buy Gibswim out after this season, it's a $2.133 million hit for 8 years.  The Ducks need to find a way to peddle him off while only eating $2 million of his salary per year for 4 years.  That would bring his salary down to $4.4 million a season.  Probably still no takers, but they have to try.  

When one goalie gives up 3.94 goals and a .904 save percentage, and the backup gives up 2.67 goals and a .917 save percentage.  While the D has issues, the Goalie has to make saves.  

If Stolarz isn't the starter for Monday, Eakins and Verbeek should be fired.

Take a breath and repeat after me:  Bedard  Bedard  Bedard. Yeah, I know the lottery is possibly corrupt and we won't get him. But, give yourself that hope.

You know it's going to be a fun, interesting season or we're going to get a great draft pick. Enjoy the ride.

59 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I tried to get on the stream I gave you. No luck tonight. I don't know what happened. It worked well on opening night.

Anyway, I gave up and payed the $20 to watch Bally. It was worth it for me. 14 games in the one month period. So, buck and a half a game. Giving up the aggravation is worth it

It might be the same one GB gave me, which I noticed is the same as mine. Once you get past the opening link, so far, almost all the actual links to streams are generally the same.....wellspeak, Hockeynews, etc.

I like to shoot towards the bottom of the verified list and they seem to work pretty good. I think on the main or first ones everyone is using them and also their servers are showing everything and not just the one game. I noticed the chatrooms in most of them were all baseball talk as dudes were watching the playoff games while I was trying to watch the Ducks game.