• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

@deepdrive  Saw this today, and makes me wonder what the Ducks may be looking at.

2023 Draft: Bedard gets A on Central Scouting's players to watch list

This is what stuck out for me.

Bedard (5-foot-10, 183 pounds), a 17-year-old right-shot center, has 21 points (10 goals, 11 assists), seven power-play points (two goals), four game-winning goals and a 56.7 face-off winning percentage (131-for-231) in 12 games for Regina of the Western Hockey League this season.

Among the A-rated skaters considered likely to be selected in the top half of the first round are forwards Adam Fantilli of the University of Michigan; Matvei Michkov of SKA St. Petersburg of the Kontinental Hockey League, Russia's top professional men's league; Brayden Yager of Moose Jaw (WHL); and Dalibor Dvorsky of AIK in Sweden's second division.

Fantilli (6-2, 195) is playing center on the top line with left wing Dylan Duke (Tampa Bay Lightning) and Mackie Samoskevich (Florida Panthers) and leads the Wolverines with 15 points (five goals, 10 assists) in six games. In his first draft diary for NHL.com, Fantilli said he considers himself a two-way forward with an eye on emphasizing his ability in the offensive zone but not forgetting about the importance of the defensive zone.

Michkov (5-10, 172) a 17-year-old left-shot center, sustained a lower-body injury in an exhibition game in August but has since returned to training. 

Yager (5-10, 166) leads Moose Jaw with 12 points (four goals, eight assists) and seven power-play points (one goal, six assists) in 10 games. 

Dvorsky (6-1, 201), a native of Zvolen, Slovakia, plays for AIK in Allsvenskan. He has five points (three goals, two assists), two power-play goals and 13 shots on goal while averaging 13:34 of ice time in six games. 

William Smith (6-0, 178) is one of four players from USA Hockey's National Team Development Program Under-18 team to receive an A rating on the PTW list. The right-shot center leads the NTDP with 23 points (eight goals, 15 assists) in 11 games. 

13 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Then there's the issue of Zellweger. Do you think Verbeek has plans to keep two short offense minded defenders in his top two pairings?  I have my doubts. I think one will be gone within 3 years.

Zellweger is an interesting one. He's a small guy.  But he's much more active on the blue line.  He reminds me more of Makar than Drysdale.  His defense is also speed and active.  And of the few games I saw of Zellweger, he was very active on the D.  He had 11 points in the World Juniors and lead all players with a +14.  In comparison, McTavish lead with 17 points, and he had a +13.

13 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Did you notice Silvferberg is wearing an 'A'. I guess they're trying to get him to take a more active roll in the team.

Yeah, I saw that.  I noticed the last few years, he'd get the A when someone like Getz or another A was out.

22 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Fantilli: the only one over 6'. I guess we know who our guy is.

I think in the Athletic they said he was closer to Bedard now. Supposedly would be the #1 overall in most drafts. Kind of like the McDavid/Eichel draft with Michkov thrown in.

After last drafts Shane Wright plunge, and that people are calling for him to be sent down to his junior team in that he's not ready.  Nothing would surprise me.  What was more impressive is that 3 teams trusted their scouting enough to pass on him.

What I have noticed about Klingberg this game.  He stands around a lot.  When he receives a pass, he is standing still.  He never seems to create on the defensive side.  There was just a play a while ago, where Fowler and him were in the zone.  Fowler was being pressured.  He passed it to Klingberg.  It would have been an easy zone exit if he was moving his feet.  But he was totally stationary waiting for the pass.  So quick pressure, and easy turnover.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

What I have noticed about Klingberg this game.  He stands around a lot.  When he receives a pass, he is standing still.  He never seems to create on the defensive side.  There was just a play a while ago, where Fowler and him were in the zone.  Fowler was being pressured.  He passed it to Klingberg.  It would have been an easy zone exit if he was moving his feet.  But he was totally stationary waiting for the pass.  So quick pressure, and easy turnover.  

Comtois needs to be a little more active, too. Sometimes he just goes into spectator mode. I don't know if he gets tired from lack of conditioning or what.

Sunday we play Toronto. Good chance we can keep this streak going.

Worst record in the NHL. If you're going to be bad, might as well be getting in position for the draft. 

Actually though, I think we're playing better. Standings should even out by Christmas. I think we'll be ahead of at least 5 teams by then. Let's see how things look at 20 games.

Battle of the trudges is coming: Sharks, Canucks, Sharks again. Should be our guys kind of competition.