• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Do you think he's worth half his salary to another team going forward? I just don't see it.

4 years after this one.  At $11.5 million a year.  Even eating half is $5.75 million.  

He still scores.  At least he's starting hot this year.  But last few years, he's no where close to his Ottawa years.  

3 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

And with that, we’re obviously back to being the favorites to win the Stanley Cup.

Being a good American.  I would like to pass this number on to our Toronto fans that may have come to visit us.

All they have to dial is 988.  

I’v  been really impressed with how well Z and Terry have done so far - McTavish, too. Even if we don’t draft another star player, we should be able to pickup enough talent to make this team work.

But, we really do need another player with all star caliber skills. Preferably a defenseman.

41 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I’v  been really impressed with how well Z and Terry have done so far - McTavish, too. Even if we don’t draft another star player, we should be able to pickup enough talent to make this team work.

But, we really do need another player with all star caliber skills. Preferably a defenseman.

Supposedly, Mintyukov isn't far away.  He's one of those, stupid rules, should be playing in the AHL guys.  

https://www.jacketscannon.com/2022/7/5/23195148/2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-pavel-mintyukov-has-a-lot-of-upside

I think of the alley oop, and michigans, this is one goal that even Torts would like.  You can't even fault the defender on this, he was all over Z.  This is one of those goals that separate the good from the greats.  Something like a McJesus would do.  

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

Wow, that's a wrap for Drysdale - out 4-6 months. Or, basically the rest of the season.

Zellweger? Or, where is Helleson?

I would think Helleson, he's a RD where Zellweger is a LD.    

But the D didn't look all that bad last night.  So they may wait till trade deadline.  Let those vets gain value and trade them.  

You know, probably the biggest problem with this happening is our defensive prospect depth. You can’t have a bunch of inexperienced d guys coming up at the same time. Drysdale was on pace to be experienced when the three guys just drafted come online. Now things just got bunched up tighter.

Zellweger, Helleson, LaCombe (if he signs), and the three we just drafted are too many. A couple are going to have to be traded unless they don’t develop.

Thats forgetting Moore, Axel something, Thrun and Hinds.

Do you think we over did the d guys?