• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Not a bad 4th line. But, someone has to play up when Carrick comes back - probably Regenda?

I just woke up. So, these posts are subject to revision.

Right now.  I would say that Lundestrom/Silfverberg/Comtois is the 4th line.  That's how good Grant/Regenda/Jones is playing.  

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

So, who are you using to stream the games now?

I'm going to try markkystreams as I generally go their first. I get the UFC fights with no issue, but sometimes NFL games can get squirrelly. No ads or popups either.

I've also started using soccerstreams as I started using them for Manchester United games, but saw they do everything else, too. Their is one link in there from someone called Supertipz that doesn't have the pop ups and never really lags that I've been using more these days. I'm on a Mac, so no issues with viruses, etc. but I'd make sure I was properly setup if using a PC.

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Same as last year.  Some reddit site.  Did you get the Bally's streaming package?

Reddit's what I was using last year. I was going to wait until opening night for Bally. That way I'm looking at $120 for the season if I keep it the entire time. My other thought was wait a month into the season and see the reviews. Then only be looking at $100. I haven't decided yet.

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm going to try markkystreams as I generally go their first. I get the UFC fights with no issue, but sometimes NFL games can get squirrelly. No ads or popups either.

I've also started using soccerstreams as I started using them for Manchester United games, but saw they do everything else, too. Their is one link in there from someone called Supertipz that doesn't have the pop ups and never really lags that I've been using more these days. I'm on a Mac, so no issues with viruses, etc. but I'd make sure I was properly setup if using a PC.

Thanks for the other options. Reddit's been good, but sometimes it's a pain to get on. Then there's also the issue of them loading crap or viruses on. I have a good antivirus (ESET). But it's always a concern.

If it wasn't Sinclair and their terrible reputation, I wouldn't hesitate to put out the hundred bucks. I just don't know if they're going to be any better than the outlaw streamers.

I would think at some point I will try them and see. Just haven't made a decision yet.

The thing with for me with Mahura is the question of did he just not have it or was the development lacking? 

It seems a lot of prospects from his time didn't pan out with the Ducks. I was surprised Larson did so poorly and I wonder what would have become of Theodore if he had stayed.

There's that group in the middle of the players that make it regardless of their development and those that don't. With a lot of guys, it's really important to get them a solid base in the 18-23 yr range.

I also thought Fowler and Lindholm never developed into the players they could have been. Both had the skill level to be much bigger offensive threats.

Ducks Waive Glenn Gawdin

Earlier in the day, five players were picked up off waivers – goaltender Connor Ingram (Arizona), defensemen Josh Mahura (Florida) and Jarred Tinordi (Chicago), plus forwards Axel Jonsson Fjallby (Winnipeg) and Brett Leason (Anaheim).  The other 59 players from yesterday’s waiver class all passed through unclaimed.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Ducks roster set.

Rico, Silfverberg, Strome, Vatrano, Comtois, Lundestrom, Grant, Terry, Jones, Z, McTavish, Reginda, Leason

Klingberg, Fowler, Shattenkirk, Kulikov, Drysdale, Beaulieu, White, Benoit

Gibswim, Stolarz

IR Vakanienen, Carrick, Moore

Unless someone gets hurt, Carrick has to clear wavers from the way the roster looks

If Gramaldi had a chance it ended at 6' 5".

1 minute ago, deepdrive said:

Leason - Verbeek continues to show he feels the team needs more size.

I think the preseason gave more emphasis to what he already saw as a need. Only time will tell how big a thing this is with him. For now, he had to bring in some protection.

Yeah, 6'5", 218 lb.  He's definitely going bigger.  It also helps that he is a right shot.  We are a really left shot heavy lineup.  

I'm just wondering where he's going to play.  Not 1/2 lines.  The Grant 6'3" 209, Jones 6'3" 220, Regenda 6'3" 219 played really well and is really beefy.

So that leaves the Lundestrom 6' 191 (doubt he would be replaced though), Comtois 6'2" 214 (left), and Silfverberg 6'1" 209 (right) as the only target.  That line did not look as good as the others.

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Unless someone gets hurt, Carrick has to clear wavers from the way the roster looks

If Gramaldi had a chance it ended at 6' 5".

Carrick is on IR.  Doubt he'd be waived as he's the enforcer.  But who knows how long he will be on IR, and since he missed all of preseason, he'll probably need an extensive conditioning assignment to the Gulls.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, 6'5", 218 lb.  He's definitely going bigger.  It also helps that he is a right shot.  We are a really left shot heavy lineup.  

I'm just wondering where he's going to play.  Not 1/2 lines.  The Grant 6'3" 209, Jones 6'3" 220, Regenda 6'3" 219 played really well and is really beefy.

So that leaves the Lundestrom 6' 191 (doubt he would be replaced though), Comtois 6'2" 214 (left), and Silfverberg 6'1" 209 (right) as the only target.  That line did not look as good as the others.

We could probably use a right punch more than a right shot at the present. Until we get more info on him, no way to say where he fits in.

It's looking more and more like Silfverburg better have a good start that continues on. We're running out of room for him on the roster.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Carrick is on IR.  Doubt he'd be waived as he's the enforcer.  But who knows how long he will be on IR, and since he missed all of preseason, he'll probably need an extensive conditioning assignment to the Gulls.

Yeah I knew that. I didn't phrase the sentence correctly. When he comes back there is no place for him unless we have injuries to cover.

If McTavish gets ten games in can he be sent to SD?

4 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

We could probably use a right punch more than a right shot at the present. Until we get more info on him, no way to say where he fits in.

It's looking more and more like Silfverburg better have a good start that continues on. We're running out of room for him on the roster.

Looking at his stats, I don't think he's a pugilist.  Only when he was on the Calgary Flames under 18 team did he have more penalties minutes than games.  Usually pugilists will have big penalty minutes.