• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Just for shits and giggles.  What would the Ducks have to give up to get Tkachuk?  Assuming of course we sign him to a long term contract.

2023 first round pick.  I think that's a given.  Bonus for them is, it's supposed to be a top pick.  But won't be if we get Tkachuk, but I digress.

Comtois.  I think that's also a given.  Have to give, and I think this fits.  But with the recent signings, if we do get Tkachuk, where does he really have to play.  So no big deal.

Lundestrom.  This one is a tough one.  But I think it's a reasonable assumption.  He fits what Calgary would want, a young NHLer.  But for the Ducks, moving him would immediately open a spot for McTavish.

Under no circumstances, would I trade our top 5 prospects.  McTavish, Perreault, Pastujov, Zellweger, Dostal.  And in reality in these big trades, you really don't see top prospects being moved.  But doesn't mean there isn't value still there.

#6 Thrun or #11 LaCombe.  Two highly thought of college defensemen.  Both are going back to school, and the Ducks need to sign them or lose them to FA'cy.  So this might be a might as well deal them before losing them.

#7 Tracey or #8 Elvenes.   Two middle six projected wingers.  

@deepdriveSo, think it can get done?

Seems like the kind of guy who will be available in a couple years when we could use him more. So, I really doubt it.

But seems like the kind of guy Verbeek would like, so...

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Seems like the kind of guy who will be available in a couple years when we could use him more. So, I really doubt it.

But seems like the kind of guy Verbeek would like, so...

I think any team that trades for him will want a 7 year deal in place.  So it would fit in our timeline.

Anaheim Ducks Sign Isac Lundestrom

The Anaheim Ducks have avoided arbitration with restricted free agent Isac Lundestrom, reaching a two-year agreement worth a total of $3.6MM, according to Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet

That's all the RFA's.  $4.3 million in cap space to reach the floor.  It'll be interesting to see what we spend it on.  Roster size is at 21/23.  Considering what's available on the market.  I'm thinking a short deal, possibly one that can be flipped at the trade deadline.

@deepdrive  Would you.  Sounds like Kane and Towes are probably going to be traded, either in the offseason, or at the deadline.  They don't sound like they want to go through another rebuild.  Ducks have way too much money, and need to spend just to get to the floor.  If, and that's a big if, but if the Hawks want to dump and the ducks were to pay for everything but not give up much.  Would it be worth it for the Ducks to get Kane, sell him on a 3-4 year plan, but not at his current hit like half.  And make Z happy and play with his hero?  

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@deepdrive  Would you.  Sounds like Kane and Towes are probably going to be traded, either in the offseason, or at the deadline.  They don't sound like they want to go through another rebuild.  Ducks have way too much money, and need to spend just to get to the floor.  If, and that's a big if, but if the Hawks want to dump and the ducks were to pay for everything but not give up much.  Would it be worth it for the Ducks to get Kane, sell him on a 3-4 year plan, but not at his current hit like half.  And make Z happy and play with his hero?  

I don't know. I thought we were tanking next year. But, Verbeek went and picked up a couple free agents. So, now it looks like it's move forward to win. If that's the case, yeah I'd take Kane for a reasonable amount.

Anaheim Ducks To Sign John Klingberg

Most notably for Anaheim, perhaps, is that Klingberg could potentially be a top trade chip at the deadline, should the team not be quite ready to make the playoffs this season. Adding that kind of chip–a trade with retained salary would likely net at least a first-round pick–for nothing but a little offseason cap space is a savvy move from new general manager Pat Verbeek. 

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

This is absolutely trade bait as would be anyone else they sign this off season. He only makes sense for a contender needing a 2nd pair offensive D

You're right. I didn't see things clearly at first.

I wouldn't be surprised if a deal isn't already in place that Klingburg's agent set up. This guy could be gone in 24 hours.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

You're right. I didn't see things clearly at first.

I wouldn't be surprised if a deal isn't already in place that Klingburg's agent set up. This guy could be gone in 24 hours.

I actually think he'll last till the trade deadline.  But really, we have to see who else he might add.  Kadri would make things really interesting.  

But it's all wins around. 

Klingberg gets a good payout, albeit for one year.  No matter what, he's going to be playing for a playoff spot, either with a surprising Ducks team, or more likely in a trade.  Team trading him then must like him, so extension is possible.  

Ducks get a veteran defenseman that doesn't block the future.  But, if he gels really well with the team/Fowler, Ducks get a free look, and have the option of extending him, filling the spot that Shattenkirk will vacate when he gets traded.  Ducks need help scoring, and Klingberg is good at that, especially on the PP.  And worse case, we keep the salary and trade him for picks/players.  

Beeker made a really smart move here.  

It's interesting the wording being used in this article.  almost sounds like they are interested in a longer deal, but only if he proves that he can fit in with the team this season.

Eyeing long-term deal, Ducks' Klingberg enters critical season with new team

"I had a great talk with (Ducks general manager) Pat Verbeek as well, with where we think it's going to be at with the team in the future. We're going to take this year to start off with and see where we're at."

"For myself individually, with what I said with where I think the Ducks as a team are, where the organization is and what they're trying to build on in the future, I think it's exciting for me to start with one year and see where thing go [and] move on from there,"

August 32-in-32: Anaheim Ducks

Some interesting tidbits.

Pavol Regenda was one of the most sought-after European free agents. At 22 years young, he has plenty of skill and speed to make this young Ducks squad that has a lot of free spots when training camp opens.

Glenn Gawdin is another intriguing free-agent signing. He has been one of the best players in the AHL the last couple of seasons, but couldn’t crack the Flames lineup. With space available in Anaheim, he could finally be a staple in an NHL lineup as a bottom-six forward.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

It's interesting the wording being used in this article.  almost sounds like they are interested in a longer deal, but only if he proves that he can fit in with the team this season.

Eyeing long-term deal, Ducks' Klingberg enters critical season with new team

I don't care how things go. Where the Ducks are now, I don't see how you can use up $7M of cap space and not get a high draft pick out of it.

I would think any longer deal would have to come in the offseason when he's a free agent again.

I just took a hard look at our roster and my conclusion is we're not very good.

We could put together a decent bottom 6. But since we only have 2-3 legit top 6 forwards and 2 top four dmen, we have to bastardize the bottom 6 to be mediocre.

Our poor performance of not being able to draft, develop or retain for about a 4-5 year period (2013 -2017) awhile back, is really hurting us now. The only number one who has turned out well is Theadore and we gave him away.

22 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with him and the Ducks this year. I read more than one writer who thought he should be playing in the NHL this year.

The way it's looking.

Strome/Rico/Terry  Remember that Terry and Z only spent a few shifts together last season.  Makes more sense to separate and have more than one line.

Z/Vatrano/Comtois  Might be the last shot for Comtois.  And Vatrano is a pure shooter.  So a perfect target for Z, and will make him more deadly with a target and his shot accuracy.

McTavish/Lundestrom/Jones  Might be the best place for McTavish to break in.  On the third line where the pressure won't be as high.  Lundestrom as good as he is, doesn't have the ceiling that McTavish has.  And Jones looked good till that weird pec injury.  

Carrick/Grant/Gawdin  Think they are going to give Gawdin a chance to make the roster.  

Not counting on Silfverberg playing another game for the Ducks with his injury.  

Defense is where we will struggle.  But the offense will be fun to watch.  And who knows, maybe Fowler/Klingberg will be a tour de force.

I don't know what they're going to do with Silfverberg. Whether he can play or not, it just seems like he doesn't have a place on the Ducks anymore.

I think Comtois has the talent to be a quality player. I just think he wasn't developed properly. Maybe the new coaches the Ducks brought in can do something about that. From what Verbeek said, development will be at the NHL level going forward - not just the development leagues. Maybe play a little catchup.

There's potential in our players. There just isn't the skill level  on our top two lines at this point to compete with the better NHL teams.

And defense, well, we have a ways to go. But, some good players heading our way.

A positive: I liked the Goucher pick when it was made. I think that just keeps looking better. Maybe not a star. But he looks to be a solid player with enough talent to be valuable as the type player he is. I think him and McTavish are going to be big for the Ducks and will bring out good things in Comtois and Jones.