• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

If he can get something worth having for Shattenkirk at the trade deadline, I'd be impressed.

Can't understand why Grant continues to be so undervalued. He's a good 4th line guy and his goals count the same as Terry's. Not equating the two, just saying it's worth something to have a guy that plays against other teams bottom players and scores. I've always thought he played adequate defense, too. Show us what you got Verbeek. Get someone to upgrade your 4th to a 3rd for him.

Maple Leafs’ Fans Should Say Their Goodbyes to Jack Campbell Now

Game of would you, would they.   

Gibswim for Nylander straight up.  Gibswim, owed $6.4 million for next 5 years.  Nylander owed $6.982 for next 2 years.  

Nylander had a breakout year last year, 80 points in 81 games.  Had 59 points and two seasons of 61 points.  But his Pts per 60 minutes has been pretty good over his career.  2.2, 2.8, 2.6, 1.9, 2.9, 3.0, 3.2.  Which is better than Z or Terry.  

As GMBM says.  Looks like a hockey trade.

11 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Until the last couple of days, I never heard of the King Clancy Award.

So, who is this King Clancy anyhow? Sometimes it seems like the NHL just make this stuff up. It sounds like they got this one out of a children's book somewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Clancy_Memorial_Trophy

Been around since 1987.  Which makes sense, since before that, athletes were all about blow and pussy and not philanthropy.

*edit it looks like it was preceeded by the Charlie Conacher Humanitarian Award that went from 69 to 84.

Edited by gotbeer

12 hours ago, Tank said:

I can’t stand this little turd. I want to punch him every time I see him.

Lol.

And my wife tells me I'm awful because I don't like him since he dogged it towards the end of his big money Ducks contract.

HOF'er my arse. The only time he seriously contributed to a SC chance anywhere was when he played on the bottom six.

Gibson probably gets moved. If not now, then before the next trade deadline is still my guess. It's just too bad goalies don't generally bring much of a return. I'd take Nylander for him if I was pretty sure I could get a better return off him in a trade. Don't know if that's so.

Shattenkirk - Oh definitely I would trade him, for anything with potential or near a second round pick. For being in nonplayoff mode, he can be easily replaced by the Ducks. Dump him and use the money to cover the excess of bringing in a character guy on a bad contract (which you would get a nice pick for taking).

Lots of manipulation still available in the Ducks roster. Rebuilding shouldn't be solely about getting the right players. A lot of moves can be made to just improve your stock if you don't care about wins and losses. Verbeek should exploit his advantage.

45 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Gibson probably gets moved. If not now, then before the next trade deadline is still my guess. It's just too bad goalies don't generally bring much of a return. I'd take Nylander for him if I was pretty sure I could get a better return off him in a trade. Don't know if that's so.

Shattenkirk - Oh definitely I would trade him, for anything with potential or near a second round pick. For being in nonplayoff mode, he can be easily replaced by the Ducks. Dump him and use the money to cover the excess of bringing in a character guy on a bad contract (which you would get a nice pick for taking).

Lots of manipulation still available in the Ducks roster. Rebuilding shouldn't be solely about getting the right players. A lot of moves can be made to just improve your stock if you don't care about wins and losses. Verbeek should exploit his advantage.

I think we are in the position of the Kings last season.  A few strategic pickups, and can be in the playoffs.  Really, we need a bonafide star for Z.  I know we have Terry, but he's proven last season that he could thrive on a separate line with Rico.  Better to have two lines than one.  

Also BTW.  Comtois played in the IIHF Championships.  He had 3 goals, 4 assists and was a +4 in 7 games.  Dostal also played, but only for one game for some reason.  94.4% save percentage and 1.00 GAA.

There is also rumblings about Laine and his affordability.  He would be perfect.  But Nylander for Gibson would also work.

I just don't think Verbeek is going to go the same route as the Kings. I think he feels he has 2-3 years more to do the rebuild the way he wants it and I think he's going to take them. I don't think he will give up the freedom of making moves without worrying how it will affect wins and losses. If he goes for the playoffs, he losses that.

I think you look at Tampa Bay and what Yzerman is doing in Detroit to get a good idea where Verbeek is headed. 

Verbeek has a definite idea of the team and the type of players he needs to make that team. He will need 2-3 years to make enough moves to even get close to where he is comfortable pushing to go deep in the playoffs. 

If I'm right, it's highly probable Gibson is gone before the trade deadline. If he's still here, I missed something. 

As for Nylander, I would only see Verbeek taking him to flip him. Once again, TB and Yzas. You don't pay a guy 7M because he's talented and scores a lot in the regular season. He has to be a difference maker in big games. Is Nylander that guy? Laine? So far, I don't think they've shown it.

The draft and Verbeeks dealings this offseason will be interesting. But, I think the body of work between the lead up to last season's trade deadline and next season's trade deadline will reveal where this team is going.

You guys are thinking medium. If I was hunting trades with Toronto I'd ask about Marner instead of Nylander. They'd probably love the cap relief. And depending on what Gadreau does in Calgary maybe they'll go full reload and you can pull a sign and trade and get Tkachuk on an 8 year deal. He's an RFA with a $9 mil qualifying number. That might cost you McTavish or Drysdale but I'd do it

I wouldn't trade McTavish for him. I think McTavish has a higher possible ceiling. Plus, not overly impressed with how he did in the playoffs to not want to see how McTavish turns out. 

Drysdale? Maybe. I guess the reason not to is our lack of defense. But, it's a lot easier to put a defense together than an offense.

But, It doesn't matter what I would do. It's what Verbeek would do. And, I think it would take a pretty special player to get Verbeek to pay 9M. My guess is Tkachuk isn't that player.

I actually think he would be more interested in Lindholm. If they want to keep Johnny G maybe. What's he make?

I've never been high on Tkachuk.  I know he had a monster year this year.  But he's never done it for me.  I just think the Calgary is going to get it done.  They have 26 million in cap space.  I just can't see Calgary not signing both players.  

As for Marner.  Yeah, that would be nice.  I just can't see Toronto doing it.  

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I'm just throwing the names out. If I had to guess, Calgary give Tkachuk an 8 x 10 and names him captain but I think he's exactly who you want on Z's right wing.  Young, big, can score and can keep the wolves away

Yeah, but the word on McTavish is he's the same thing - but shoots better. I know a proven thing like Tkachuk means more. That kind of salary for the next 2-3 years when the Ducks aren't competitive though?