• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 8/25/2022 at 11:59 AM, gotbeer said:

Pretty in depth scouting report of our prospects.

Anaheim Ducks rank No. 4 in NHL Pipeline Rankings for 2022

Yeah and I know it's just one guys take, but some interesting placement.

Like Gaucher being placed ahead of Mintyukov and Luneau making the list but not Warren (that's not as big of a surprise because the Warren pick was a lot about potential).

Surprised he had Grouix placed as high as he did and Clang over Dostal wasn't expected.

Perreault and Tracy's lack of advancement seems to be catching up to them (But not Grouix???)

Oh, and why is Helleson at 6. I don't see anything special there to warrant that.

The game of would you, would they.  And by would you I mean yes, but would they.

Hockey Guy had this video today.

Sounds like they aren't happy how negotiations are going for Robertson.  He's 23 YO.  Just finished his entry level contract I believe.  Winger.  79 pts in 74 games.  Last season 45 pts in 51 games.  

So say they shop him.  @deepdrive Probably a longshot.  But would you do Terry and Comtois for Robertson?  Robertson is one year younger than Terry.  Terry looked legit at 67 pts in 75 games.  But you know how goal scorers can run.  And was this Terry's breakout season, or his high point.  Pros to Robertson are, local boy from Arcadia.  6'3" vs 6' of Terry so fits what Beeker is trying to attract, or at least what he just drafted.  I can see Robertson complementing Z and McTavish more than Terry, where really I only see a McTavish pairing with Terry.  

Anaheim Ducks Acquire Dmitry Kulikov

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kulikdm01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-

For future consideration.  6'1", 204 lb left shot defenseman.  45 and 44 CF and FF.  $2.25 million cap hit, and he's a FA ie. Tradebait.  

Makes me wonder what the Wild is planning, now that they have over $5 million in cap space.

How does Dmitry Kulikov affect the Ducks’ blue line and bottom line?

The more I think about it, the more I like this trade.  It costs the ducks nothing.  But gives them a second/third line pairing.  Also, it lets Zellweger start at his junior team this season.  Then play in the World Juniors come December, possibly with a letter on his jersey.  After that, the Ducks can decide to send him back to juniors or AHL, although I don't know if he qualifies to be able to be called up there yet.  Or even give him a late season taste on the Ducks for 9 games.  In the meantime, after the calendar changes numbers, a lot of traidbait for the Ducks to get more picks.

That was pretty interesting. A good way of showing how, many trades go absolutely nowhere. 

The only thing that beats being able to evaluate talent is to be able to develop and extract it out of a player. I think keeping Madden and flushing out our player development guys may have been Verbeek's best moves yet.

Would have thought we were set, but then this rumor.  Don't even know where he would fit.  

NHL Rumors: Oilers, Sabres, Stars, Ducks, Canadiens, Flyers

Friedman was asked for info on Evan Rodrigues and he noted that this deal should get done this week. There is quite a bit of interest in the player but he is mulling over and picking out the best value deal, the biggest role, and how to make it all work wherever he ultimately decides to go. Friedman said the Anaheim Ducks are a team in the mix because they can afford to pay him and would be willing to flip him at the trade deadline.

So, not sure how much this means, but LaCombe, Thrun and Moore are all not playing in the Rookie Tournament. It looks like from the rooster that some who are playing are college guys. I don't know, but this doesn't look good.

I never paid attention in the past. Is it typical for guys after their draft year to miss these types of events? That's a lot of wasted draft picks if these guys are gone before they start.

In the above article that mentions Rodrigues, there's a comment asking why we would sign this guy when we could get Milano.

People aren't getting Verbeek. He's remaking this team with the type of players he wants. He's weeded out the pending FA's (and I think will continue to - bye,bye Shattenkirk, Silfverberg). He's reconfiguring the 1-2M/yr types. At some point (When he gets them to where he feels their value is maxed) he will start going through the inherited younger players.

It's not only about talent with him. He's lookin for specific players with the smarts, character, compete level he wants.

It's not just a rebuild. It's a changeover, too.

18 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

In the above article that mentions Rodrigues, there's a comment asking why we would sign this guy when we could get Milano.

People aren't getting Verbeek. He's remaking this team with the type of players he wants. He's weeded out the pending FA's (and I think will continue to - bye,bye Shattenkirk, Silfverberg). He's reconfiguring the 1-2M/yr types. At some point (When he gets them to where he feels their value is maxed) he will start going through the inherited younger players.

It's not only about talent with him. He's lookin for specific players with the smarts, character, compete level he wants.

It's not just a rebuild. It's a changeover, too.

I agree.  FYI, Silfverberg has 2 years left.  But Shattenkirk, Grant, Klingberg, Kulikov, and Stolarz will probably be traded.  Klingberg and maybe Kulikov are the only ones that may be retained if his performance is what Beeker is looking for.  Which goes with what you are saying since they are both players he acquired.

56 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

So, not sure how much this means, but LaCombe, Thrun and Moore are all not playing in the Rookie Tournament. It looks like from the rooster that some who are playing are college guys. I don't know, but this doesn't look good.

I never paid attention in the past. Is it typical for guys after their draft year to miss these types of events? That's a lot of wasted draft picks if these guys are gone before they start.

LaCombe was a second rounder.  Moore was a third rounder.  Thrun was a 4th rounder.  But that's the chance with these college types.  

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

LaCombe was a second rounder.  Moore was a third rounder.  Thrun was a 4th rounder.  But that's the chance with these college types.  

Yeah, I think we may get one, possibly two to sign. Which wouldn't be too bad. From stuff I read in the past, LaCombe Is the most likely the guy Verbeek would push to sign. That is if he's the type of guy he's looking for or wants to develop and trade. We'll see next year.

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I agree.  FYI, Silfverberg has 2 years left.  But Shattenkirk, Grant, Klingberg, Kulikov, and Stolarz will probably be traded.  Klingberg and maybe Kulikov are the only ones that may be retained if his performance is what Beeker is looking for.  Which goes with what you are saying since they are both players he acquired.

I really believe what I posted is his game plan. Once he starts weeding through the younger players, I think we will possibly see a vastly different team by the 2025-26 season.

He has to be discreet about it and move them in trades that looks like he's giving value to get value. With the success he and Yzerman had in TB, he will have a good rep as a player evaluator. A lot of GM's will lower their appraisal of Duck players they feel Verbeek would prefer to move.

He can't do the younger players fast. And why should he? He has his development head coach and newly hired development asst. coach on the Ducks. Like raising cattle, get them to their highest value then take the ones you don't want to market.

I don't know who watched the rookie tournament. But from what I saw, the Ducks were kind of unimpressive.

McTavish had a central role and a lot of minutes, but didn't deliver much. That seemed to put a damper on the rest of the team. Goucher is still very raw. Perreault has to have the Ducks wondering if he's ever going to even be an NHL player.

Some of the defensive players looked good - especially Zellweger. For a rookie who the Ducks say has a long ways to go, Warren had a nice series. Hellison looks like a good pickup.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I don't know who watched the rookie tournament. But from what I saw, the Ducks were kind of unimpressive.

McTavish had a central role and a lot of minutes, but didn't deliver much. That seemed to put a damper on the rest of the team. Goucher is still very raw. Perreault has to have the Ducks wondering if he's ever going to even be an NHL player.

Some of the defensive players looked good - especially Zellweger. For a rookie who the Ducks say has a long ways to go, Warren had a nice series. Hellison looks like a good pickup.

I watched one period on Friday I think.  Against Phoenix.  First off, the camera work was atrocious.  It really made me not want to watch it much at all.  They were late to the action, and was pretty much on such a wide angle, that you couldn't really see what was going on.  

I agree that they didn't look very impressive.  But I will say that it looked more like pond hockey than rookie ball.  I did notice that when McTavish got the puck, all focus went on him.  I also agree on Perreault.  For being McTavish's winger, he was kind of invisible.  

Defense definitely looked better, and were getting more callouts.  In the period I saw, Mintyukov was noticable, in a good way.  

Injury Updates: Gardiner, Silfverberg, Farabee

Typically, players aren’t activated off injured reserve in the days leading up to training camp but CapFriendly reports (Twitter link) that the Ducks activated winger Jakob Silfverberg from IR today.

I had my doubts.  But it's good news that he got his blood clotting situation fixed.  It'll be interesting to see where he fits into the team now.  Hopefully with this injury fixed, he goes back to being around a 40 point player.  If not, I can see the Ducks buying out his last year of his contract after this upcoming season.  The hit would be $1.75 million for 2 seasons, vs $5.25 million for one.  

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I watched one period on Friday I think.  Against Phoenix.  First off, the camera work was atrocious.  It really made me not want to watch it much at all.  They were late to the action, and was pretty much on such a wide angle, that you couldn't really see what was going on.  

I agree that they didn't look very impressive.  But I will say that it looked more like pond hockey than rookie ball.  I did notice that when McTavish got the puck, all focus went on him.  I also agree on Perreault.  For being McTavish's winger, he was kind of invisible.  

Defense definitely looked better, and were getting more callouts.  In the period I saw, Mintyukov was noticable, in a good way.  

Yeah, the way it's set up (no real time to jell as a team) makes it more of an individual show case instead of a team event. I guess it makes the get together a little more enjoyable for the players.

Definitely a low budget production. I was just glad to have some visual instead of the announced audio only. 

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, that's neat. But I need video. We'll see though. It looks promising.

Speaking of video, did you see where the NHL is talking to Sinclair about buying the game rights from them? I guess Sinclair is on the verge of bankruptcy. I also saw something about offering a streaming service to fans on a subscription basis. I don't know what it is, but it's supposed to be coming in the next couple weeks.

Do you know anymore about this than I do (not much)?