• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I hope both the Ducks and Kings do reject Manson so he can come back and play 18 minutes a night on a championship team 

GB would give him to you cheap. But, I think he's going to sign for more than what Colorado will be willing to pay.

So, they posted next season's schedule. Probably the most unique schedule since they moved to playing every team H&W.

Only 3 games prior to November. Killed a lot of dead space there.

First Friday night game is in December. Must have gotten tired of competing against HS football

4 days off at Christmas. I guess that takes the place of the in season break.

It seems they've bunched road trips and home stays up a little more. I don't get that one.

One back to back against St Louis. I guess just to keep the concept alive.

Ducks not on the road through the Christmas break. First time in... as long as I remember.

All in all, seems like the most favorable schedule the Ducks have been given that I can remember.

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

We're losing our Gibson market. Somebody quick, find a team that wants a possibly great goalie.

I thought there would be some seats open. But, now I don't know.

Don't worry.  Toronto will be looking for a goalie after they realize that Murray is way past his prime.  And Washington will be looking for a goalie after finding out that Kuemper was a result of the D and O in front of him.  And Edmonton will feel right at home, when they realize that Campbell couldn't win on a stacked Toronto team.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So the Ducks sign Frank Vatrano for 3 years AAV of $3.65 million?  WTF.  He plays 3rd/4th pairing minutes.  Don't get this signing at all.

How big and aggressive is he. That might be a start to understanding.

Is he your better form of Manson?

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/34239056/2022-nhl-free-agency-winners-losers-day-1-plus-best-remaining-players

Favorite under-the-radar signing

3527554.png&w=43&h=60&scale=crop&backgro

Frank Vatrano to Anaheim really didn't get much attention, but he'll be a great addition to the lineup.

The Ducks have a ton of highly skilled talent up front already, and Vatrano will put some weight behind them with a grittier, more physical game that also includes some goal-scoring prowess. Vatrano had a strong postseason with the Rangers (13 points in 20 games) and if he continues to channel that, then Anaheim just got a versatile player for their middle six for less than $4 million per season. -- Shilton

Buying or Selling the Biggest Signings of 2022 NHL Free Agency

Ryan Strome to Anaheim (5 years $25M): Entering the day, the Ducks' collection of centers was highlighted by Trevor Zegras (21), Mason MacTavish (19), and Isaac Lundestrom (22). They needed a veteran top-six center to take some of the load; particularly for Zegras. Strome was probably Anaheim's best realistic option. He's good enough to do the job but is not the massive investment that a Nazem Kadri or Vincent Trocheck would have required. They may want to wiggle out of the contract in 4 or 5 years, but that's a potential problem for a late date. Anaheim needed to give their youth movement a shoulder to lean on and Strome fits the description. This is a move we buy.

Just for shits and giggles.  What would the Ducks have to give up to get Tkachuk?  Assuming of course we sign him to a long term contract.

2023 first round pick.  I think that's a given.  Bonus for them is, it's supposed to be a top pick.  But won't be if we get Tkachuk, but I digress.

Comtois.  I think that's also a given.  Have to give, and I think this fits.  But with the recent signings, if we do get Tkachuk, where does he really have to play.  So no big deal.

Lundestrom.  This one is a tough one.  But I think it's a reasonable assumption.  He fits what Calgary would want, a young NHLer.  But for the Ducks, moving him would immediately open a spot for McTavish.

Under no circumstances, would I trade our top 5 prospects.  McTavish, Perreault, Pastujov, Zellweger, Dostal.  And in reality in these big trades, you really don't see top prospects being moved.  But doesn't mean there isn't value still there.

#6 Thrun or #11 LaCombe.  Two highly thought of college defensemen.  Both are going back to school, and the Ducks need to sign them or lose them to FA'cy.  So this might be a might as well deal them before losing them.

#7 Tracey or #8 Elvenes.   Two middle six projected wingers.  

@deepdriveSo, think it can get done?