• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Looking at the "great saves" by Gibswim.  We were lucky to win this game.  Looks like he was flopping around like a fish in the first two periods.  

Besides giving up one goal I think he maybe should have stopped, Gibson had a very good game.

You're a hard fan to please, GB.

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I'm pretty sure Gibson kicked GB's puppy a couple seasons back

Something happened. Because, there is definitely no forgive and forget.

I mean I realize Gibson has played like crap a lot in the years since the Ducks were competitive. But look at the times he played well. It was whenever the Ducks were playing well. So, if going forward, the guy can come up big when we need him, I don't care how he plays when we don't. And this season we don't.

I think there's two important things to keep in mind. First, the Ducks defense is porous and sucks - D-guys and offensive guys on defense. Nothing Gibson has done has caused the amount of SOG's and quality scoring chances he's had to face. Second, Gibson has a history of groin injuries. He probably only has so many fast stretches left before he's done. Waste them on a poorly performing team that can't defend. I wouldn't. And maybe that's another reason Eakin's is still around. Pull him when he's had enough and play Stolarz more.

If I was Verbeek I would tell Eakins no way should Gibson start more than 50 games and pull him when it's not going well. Also, play him more at home (where the team plays better) and less on the road.

Save Gibson for 2024-25 when we should start pushing for a playoff spot or trade him 

Gibson just sucks.  Can't read a cross ice pass till it's in the back of the net.  Will fall on his back at the first sign on a 1 mph gust.  Watch him as the play develops, and you will see that he is a backup for a beer league.  Hopefully other teams will be drinking the cool aid served by Ducks fans and actually think it's just the D in front of him and actually trade for him.

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Just another game in which it's obvious.  This team needs a change.  

This coaching staff isn't helping develop the players.  They are regressing pretty badly.  

I doubt Eakins is going anywhere this season. But, who knows?

To support what you're saying and what I 've said in the past, Mahura is playing regularly in Florida and supposably doing well. Sam steel is also supposed to be doing well in Minnesota playing center. Our development program has to be questioned. Is it problems from the past or is it still suspect?

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I doubt Eakins is going anywhere this season. But, who knows?

To support what you're saying and what I 've said in the past, Mahura is playing regularly in Florida and supposably doing well. Sam steel is also supposed to be doing well in Minnesota playing center. Our development program has to be questioned. Is it problems from the past or is it still suspect?

Mahura seems to be playing 4th pairing minutes.  4 pts in 20 games, 14:40 a game.  Steel is less than that.  5 pts, 20 games, 11:40 a game.  Lindholm though, he's flourishing under a new system.  18 pts, 21 games, 24:17 a game.  The most points he had on the Ducks was 34 in 2014-15.  And that was when we were good.  Manson is Manson.  4 pts, 18 games, 17:15 a game, 32 penalty minutes.  

I still think it's Eakins system.  Especially with Lindholm.  He's on pace for what, 70 points?

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Mahura seems to be playing 4th pairing minutes.  4 pts in 20 games, 14:40 a game.  Steel is less than that.  5 pts, 20 games, 11:40 a game.  Lindholm though, he's flourishing under a new system.  18 pts, 21 games, 24:17 a game.  The most points he had on the Ducks was 34 in 2014-15.  And that was when we were good.  Manson is Manson.  4 pts, 18 games, 17:15 a game, 32 penalty minutes.  

I still think it's Eakins system.  Especially with Lindholm.  He's on pace for what, 70 points?

That's why I used the word suppose a couple times. Read some stuff, but wasn't sure of the accuracy.

I'm still going with Verbeek's actions, which to me say our development program was a big problem that needed to be taken care of promptly. Eakins isn't NHL caliber. We all should know that by now. I'll trust Verbeek for now that it isn't hurting the team going forward.