• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Oh well, at least we played well.  two fluke goals, should have won it.

And Zegras in the shootout.  my goodness, it's like a drill for him.  

We should have won in 3 on 3. They didn't win it, we lost it . 

Our shootout consists of Z and Terry. If we don't win it with them, we're usually looking at some spectrum of getting lucky - sometimes a little; other times, more than a little. But is there a better combo for the shootout in the NHL? If so, I haven't seen them yet.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, gotbeer said:

Just looked at the first goal.  Has a team in the history of hockey ever given up so many own goals as the Ducks?  Seems like it happens every other game.

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Man, Kulikov was a hair away from yet another own goal.  

I heard a saying the other day.

'If you meet an ahole in the morning, then you just unfortunately crossed paths with an ahole. If you meet aholes all day, then you're the ahole.'

Similar is:

If you knock in an own goal, sh!t happens. If you keep knocking in own goals, then you're the fool who's messing up.

Or something like that. They need to be more body, foot, stick placement aware. Some 'it happens'; some inexperience; some veteran players being mentally lazy.

7 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I'm sticking with my guess that Verbeek starts early on the trading. I think players will be available after the first of the year.

I have reasons why. But I'm tired. So, I'm going to bed. I'll post before January 1.

I think he's going to start early also.  Guys like Regenda 22 YO, Leason 23 YO, Vaakanainen 23 YO, White 25 YO, and Benoit 24 YO are helping the decision.  Especially on D where you expect Klingberg, Kulikov, Shattenkirk, and Beauliveau all to be traded.  That Vaakanainen, White, and Benoit are looking just as good, if not better, is making the decision a lot easier.  Fill out teams that need help when they need it, instead of waiting when they might not.

Also, think Beeker will trade picks also?  For instance Shattenkirk may get a 3rd or 4th.  Bundle the Wild 3rd or even the Lanch or Bruin second and try to get a first?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I think he's going to start early also.  Guys like Regenda 22 YO, Leason 23 YO, Vaakanainen 23 YO, White 25 YO, and Benoit 24 YO are helping the decision.  Especially on D where you expect Klingberg, Kulikov, Shattenkirk, and Beauliveau all to be traded.  That Vaakanainen, White, and Benoit are looking just as good, if not better, is making the decision a lot easier.  Fill out teams that need help when they need it, instead of waiting when they might not.

Also, think Beeker will trade picks also?  For instance Shattenkirk may get a 3rd or 4th.  Bundle the Wild 3rd or even the Lanch or Bruin second and try to get a first?

I would think moving up with picks might be more feasible with some players. But, I don't really have a great take on trade value.

But, as an example, Vatranno has a lot of value as a third line guy on a playoff team. He's not being put to good use on the Ducks playing up to top 6. So, can you get a first for him? Probably not. But what about Vatranno and a third? Maybe. Our third should draft fairly high. So, for a bottom third of the order first round pick that might work.

I don't see how trading Vatranno makes sense this year unless the deal can be structured to get us a first round pick. He'll be just as valuable next year and we get to keep him another year at a good price. Is there any reason to think next years second round won't be as good as this years?

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I would think moving up with picks might be more feasible with some players. But, I don't really have a great take on trade value.

But, as an example, Vatranno has a lot of value as a third line guy on a playoff team. He's not being put to good use on the Ducks playing up to top 6. So, can you get a first for him? Probably not. But what about Vatranno and a third? Maybe. Our third should draft fairly high. So, for a bottom third of the order first round pick that might work.

I don't see how trading Vatranno makes sense this year unless the deal can be structured to get us a first round pick. He'll be just as valuable next year and we get to keep him another year at a good price. Is there any reason to think next years second round won't be as good as this years?

Haven't heard anything about the 2024 draft yet.  I'm sure after the world juniors in December/January talk of frontrunners will be coming out.