• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

@deepdrive  I said from the beginning that he was going to be a future captain of this team, and nothing in this article tells me otherwise.  When I see him play, for a 19 year old, he just seems to belong.  Last nights game was funny as McTavish seemed to get under McJesus' skin.  Like McJesus tried to put him in his place as a rookie, and McTavish was having no part in backing down.

Ducks’ Mason McTavish, after early bumps, is building off world juniors success

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@deepdrive  I said from the beginning that he was going to be a future captain of this team, and nothing in this article tells me otherwise.  When I see him play, for a 19 year old, he just seems to belong.  Last nights game was funny as McTavish seemed to get under McJesus' skin.  Like McJesus tried to put him in his place as a rookie, and McTavish was having no part in backing down.

Ducks’ Mason McTavish, after early bumps, is building off world juniors success

It's looking like it may be just a case of at what point. When is the experience and age enough to give it to him. Do you go with Terry in the mean time, someone like Henrique or Fowler (probably not or why wouldn't they already be it), or just hold off naming one like they have.

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

It's looking like it may be just a case of at what point. When is the experience and age enough to give it to him. Do you go with Terry in the mean time, someone like Henrique or Fowler (probably not or why wouldn't they already be it), or just hold off naming one like they have.

I think they hold off.  Especially with what McTavish has shown and his growth.  The thing with Captain is, you don't want to give it to Terry, and then later want to give it to McTavish.  

3 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I really can't see Gibson, Stolarz, and Dostal all being around much longer. If not at the deadline, than this Summer something has to break.

Do you know when Clang can play in the AHL? Just one more reason going forward something has to happen.

Stolarz is a FA after this season.  If they can find a taker in Gibswim, after this season, still 4 years @ $6.4 million a year.  Clang is 20.  So he should be at the AHL next season.  I think he's loaned to his Swedish team.  Of course is Dostal is still at the AHL, then Clang might be better suited in Sweden.  

I really think Stolarz or Gibswim is traded by the trade deadline.  It's just too bad both aren't having good seasons to up their trade value.

Day after thoughts.  When looking at Z, Terry, and McTavish.  It's interesting the type of player they all are.  All have skill.  Z and Terry have an elite level speed and skill.  Problem is, both of them weigh as much as I do.  McTavish on the other hand.  Has skill and speed, maybe not elite level.  But he has size.  And the one thing I'm noticing about McTavish is, he does not get pushed around.  He can go get in those corners.  He can rush up the ice and shrug off a check.  When a big guy hits him, he just shrugs them off and uses his skill against him.  20-30 lbs on an opponent is huge.  And Z and Terry are on the wrong side of that equation.  If they can't skate around multiple opponents then they are easy to be neutralized.  That's the strategy I'm seeing lately with teams.  Just put a body on those two, and they are done.  Defensively, I was watching Z last night.  It's not that he isn't playing defense.  It's that when you are playing against guys that have 20-40 lbs on you, it's tough to move them, to check them, to box them out, to control them.  They are buzzing like a gnat and only annoying them.  And when you can't move them with your body, you are left with moving them with your stick, which results in penalties.  

I was going to make a comment that Kaprizov is surrounded by big guys, which makes his size and speed effective.  Then I looked at his stats, and he's 202 lbs.  Which is 20 lbs more than Terry and Z.  

That's the one thing I was disappointed in Terry, Z and Drysdale this offseason.  They didn't come into camp looking like they were on the Bryson Deshambeau offseason training regimen.  They got the skills, but what they need is the mass so that they can max their effectiveness.

@deepdrive @arch stanton

Game of would you would they.  Oilers Ducks edition

Scenario #1

Puljujarvi + Edmontons first round pick for Klingberg (1/2 salary retained) + Boston 2nd round pick Maybe Wild 3rd round pick

Going to keep it realistic here.  Don't think we can get a first for Klingberg at the moment.  Even if he heats up I don't know if we can get a first.  Why Puljujarvi.  He's still young.  24 YO.  He's big.  And he's skilled.  A bit of a disappointment since he was a #4 overall.  But what the Ducks need are big wingers.  At worst, he would slot in with Lundestrom and improve that line, he was nominated for a Selke (granted 27th) in 21-22 so he does play a two way game.  Best case, he slots next to Z to give him some heft, and Terry slots next to McTavish to give him some heft.  Also frees up Vatrano to get traded, as his name has come up in trade rumors.  For Edmonton, they get a Dman that they need.  They lose a first, but gain a second or third.  net gain of $500k on the cap.  

Scenario #2

Puljujarvi + Barrie + Edmontons first round pick for Klingberg (1/2 salary retained)

For the Ducks.  See Puljujarvi above.  Barrie seems to have soured completely with Edmonton fans.  I really don't get it, he scores, he's productive.  I just think their expectations are way too high.  So hey, why not.  one year after this one on Barrie.  $4.5 million.  Puljujarvi is a RFA.  For Edmonton, $7.5 million out, $3.5 million in.  This helps their cap situation quite a bit, especially with Kane coming back soon.  For the Ducks, it's obvious.  Get a winger, a Dman, a first, and a trade chip next year if needed.