• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

51 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I would trade Fowler. I don't know when, but I'd trade him.

Getting the best deal while considering the longer you keep him, the more you risk loss in value due to injuries means move him when you can cover his defensive contribution (Which shouldn't be too hard. I don't think he's anything too special defensively. I mean he's good, but nothing special.)

Gibson: We have to trade a goalie. At this point it looks like Gibson. We just need a team that wants to pay up and can clear the cap space for him. Maybe take back a contract for some picks?

Shattenkirk: Just find someone desperate enough.

Fowler is a weird case.  I think he can be a #1 line defenseman, but he needs a #1 defenseman to pair with.  Something the Ducks don't have.  He is a solid 2 line Dman.  But the weird thing about the Ducks is, the defensemen don't fit into whatever weird system the Ducks have, so he's the best we have.  If we had a better system, things might be different.  The sticking point will be the 3 year $6.5 million left.  He'll probably be easier to move come his final year.

Gibson, if you can get a taker, you have to deal him.  The question is how much of his 4/$6.4 do we have to eat, if someone will eat it all, or we have to take a bad contract to get value.  I.E. can you trade Gibson to Edmonton for Campbell + a first rounder?  Or better yet, trade Gibson and Klingberg to Edmonton for Campbell + Barrie + Puljujarvi + 2 first rounders?  

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Fowler is a weird case.  I think he can be a #1 line defenseman, but he needs a #1 defenseman to pair with.  Something the Ducks don't have.  He is a solid 2 line Dman.  But the weird thing about the Ducks is, the defensemen don't fit into whatever weird system the Ducks have, so he's the best we have.  If we had a better system, things might be different.  The sticking point will be the 3 year $6.5 million left.  He'll probably be easier to move come his final year.

Gibson, if you can get a taker, you have to deal him.  The question is how much of his 4/$6.4 do we have to eat, if someone will eat it all, or we have to take a bad contract to get value.  I.E. can you trade Gibson to Edmonton for Campbell + a first rounder?  Or better yet, trade Gibson and Klingberg to Edmonton for Campbell + Barrie + Puljujarvi + 2 first rounders?  

Isn't Campbell owed 5M per for a few years? We don't need another goalie. But for Fowler, yeah I could see taking a Dman back if the deal was right.

I wouldn't wait until the last year for Fowler. I think he hits his peak value with 1 1/2 years left. Plus, with what a falloff in skills could do to moving that contract, I would rather see them move him by next seasons trade deadline. 

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Isn't Campbell owed 5M per for a few years? We don't need another goalie. But for Fowler, yeah I could see taking a Dman back if the deal was right.

I wouldn't wait until the last year for Fowler. I think he hits his peak value with 1 1/2 years left. Plus, with what a falloff in skills could do to moving that contract, I would rather see them move him by next seasons trade deadline. 

Yeah Campbell is owed $5 for 3 or 4 more years. That's why I'm thinking that if you trade Gibson and his 4 $6.5, you have to take back a bad contract.  Especially if you are trying to get a first. Campbell would be easier to relegate to a backup role, and possibly traded down the line if he heats up and does a stolarz of 2021.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Not to bad of a period.  But it sure seems like Nashville had more shots than 13.  

Still in it.  

I think they misread the Christmas to New Years break. Without those holidays falling midweek, I think a lot more people worked the week. So yeah, Friday afternoon game was a bad idea this year.

Bruins News & Rumors: Ducks, Chychrun, Lafreniere & More

Might be something in there since there is a history between the Ducks and Bruins.  But my thoughts are, this early might be about Klingberg.  But I really don't see what the Bruins need.  So it might just be for bottom pairing D or 4th line depth.  Could be for Stolarz though.  They may feel they need a more veteran goalie to backup.

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Bruins News & Rumors: Ducks, Chychrun, Lafreniere & More

Might be something in there since there is a history between the Ducks and Bruins.  But my thoughts are, this early might be about Klingberg.  But I really don't see what the Bruins need.  So it might just be for bottom pairing D or 4th line depth.  Could be for Stolarz though.  They may feel they need a more veteran goalie to backup.

Well, tomorrow is the first. It would be kind of funny if Klingon was moved on the first day he was eligible to go.

Let the games begin.

Anaheim Ducks Activate Anthony Stolarz

Time to get his trade value up.  With that rumor of a Bruin interest someone on the Ducks.  Stolarz makes sense.  Their backup is a 24 YO, that probably needs to be treated more like Dostal and given regular games at the AHL level.  Stolarz would be a better backup in case something happens to Ullmark.

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Anaheim Ducks Activate Anthony Stolarz

Time to get his trade value up.  With that rumor of a Bruin interest someone on the Ducks.  Stolarz makes sense.  Their backup is a 24 YO, that probably needs to be treated more like Dostal and given regular games at the AHL level.  Stolarz would be a better backup in case something happens to Ullmark.

Sadly, this kind of stuff is probably what will keep things interesting for the next couple months.

6 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Keep an eye on San Diego. Four goalies on their roster. Metcalf will probably go back to wherever he came from. If the other three stay, it might mean Verbeek is trying to move someone (or, at least that's my 'expert' take on the situation).

Yeah, I'm wondering if something is going to happen sooner than later.  Just feels like we will be very busy in the trade market.