• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Holland Meets With Verbeek, Ducks GM - Potential Trade Rumblings

So the three he comes up with is Klingberg, Comtois, and Kulikov.  I agree with him on Klingberg and it's probably not a fit.  Comtois is interesting, I just don't know how much they are willing to move on from him.  Kulikov though looks like something.  I mean the proposed trade is probably a yes for Ducks fans, but I doubt it happens.  And that is Kulikov for Pullijarvi and a second or third.  As the comments pointed out, Edmonton traded for Kulikov for a fourth or a conditional third 2 years ago.  So a Kulikov for Pulijarvi and a fourth (that Edmonton does not have), conditional third, would sound more reasonable.  Unless salary is retained for Kulikov, then I can see a second or third.  If Beeker got really creative, he could throw salary and the wilds third rounder in, and try and get their first rounder.  

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Holland Meets With Verbeek, Ducks GM - Potential Trade Rumblings

So the three he comes up with is Klingberg, Comtois, and Kulikov.  I agree with him on Klingberg and it's probably not a fit.  Comtois is interesting, I just don't know how much they are willing to move on from him.  Kulikov though looks like something.  I mean the proposed trade is probably a yes for Ducks fans, but I doubt it happens.  And that is Kulikov for Pullijarvi and a second or third.  As the comments pointed out, Edmonton traded for Kulikov for a fourth or a conditional third 2 years ago.  So a Kulikov for Pulijarvi and a fourth (that Edmonton does not have), conditional third, would sound more reasonable.  Unless salary is retained for Kulikov, then I can see a second or third.  If Beeker got really creative, he could throw salary and the wilds third rounder in, and try and get their first rounder.  

Like I said before, I don't really see the advantage to the Ducks waiting until the trade deadline to get busy. I think there is too high of a chance it will being a buyers market in some areas.

We have a few guys we could move. The obvious ones plus a few others if the price is right. There is also the possibility Verbeek has made his decision on some of our younger players and prospects. Maybe not the most likely time to trade them, but if it helps a deal along or is the difference in getting a better draft pick...

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

A friend of mine has been betting the money line against the Ducks.  Needless to say he has been profitable this year.

The scene from Slap Shot keeps coming to mind.  Trade me right F'n now!

It might be difficult to make easy money off the Ducks going forward. The word is out: they play poorly on the road and lose; they play decently at home and lose or tie. If you could just bet on them to win in OT, I would make that bet.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

It might be difficult to make easy money off the Ducks going forward. The word is out: they play poorly on the road and lose; they play decently at home and lose or tie. If you could just bet on them to win in OT, I would make that bet.

It was -500 versus Toronto last night.

Still easy money.

Edit: You are right about OT.  They don't have to worry so much about playing Defense, so they have a better  chance of scoring. 

Edited by Slegnaac

2 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

A friend of mine has been betting the money line against the Ducks.  Needless to say he has been profitable this year.

The scene from Slap Shot keeps coming to mind.  Trade me right F'n now!

Used to be that betting the Ducks on the money line to win was easy money, even when they were winning the Pacific year in year out.  Everyone would always bet the Edmontons and New Yorks and other big names, even when the Ducks were clearly better.  It's changed over the last 2 seasons.  

16 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Well you called it. Montreal was our golden ticket.

I'm sure you had enough confidence to place a big bet on the Ducks. Lol.

Klingon is back on the trade market.

Right now, betting a penny would be a big bet on the Ducks.  A pretty risky bet on top of that.