• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Instead of another offensive minded defense guy, we need some defensive capable offensive guys.

We just need a balance.  For every Drysdale, you need a Benoit that is primary defense.  Can't have all Drysdales.  And really you only need 2, in the Ducks case it would be Drysdale and Klingberg and in a way Fowler which would make it three.  Luckily for the Ducks one is done for the season and the other is hurt, although no one is saying why.  But you need that 3rd pairing really to be a no mistake D line that may not score, but also won't let the other team score in the limited minutes that they play.  

13 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

What in the actual fuck do the Ducks plan to do with Jayson Megna? Over the last 4 years he's played 49 games with the Avalanche and has 5 assists and 0 goals to his name. There's no 4th line center depth in San Diego?

I guess we like our Megnas.  

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Watching Avs and Blues on ESPN. Steve Levy is a horrible PBP man and the camera work is amateurish and the direction is non-existent 

It makes you wonder why they even signed the contract if this is the effort they were willing to put into it.

The only thing I can think is they wanted the playoffs. Having to broadcast season games was just what went with it. 

This just hurts the NHL. It's so amateurish. They would have been better off with less money and TNT running all of it. But, maybe the exposure of ESPN is still big enough that it makes a difference.

The NHL should give TNT a dedicated night and promote it up. It might not do for them what Monday night did for the NFL, but it would do more for them than what they're getting now. It also might shock ESPN into upping their game.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

You didn't.  Oddly, the person that stood out as having a good day were McTavish, and Megna.....

We should have kept the other Megna. It could have been our bruiser version of the Sedins.

McTavish has looked good this season, hasn't he. I think he's progressing to be a solid, underrated player. Never a star, but always a guy that adds a lot per dollar cost to your team. I'm glad we picked him. Just would like to get a third pick in a really good draft.

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

We should have kept the other Megna. It could have been our bruiser version of the Sedins.

McTavish has looked good this season, hasn't he. I think he's progressing to be a solid, underrated player. Never a star, but always a guy that adds a lot per dollar cost to your team. I'm glad we picked him. Just would like to get a third pick in a really good draft.

McTavish is oozing a future captain of the team.  More in the mold of Getzlaf.  Not flashy, but leads.  Won't dazzle with the points, but still scores higher than an average player.  Just his demeanor on the ice is confidence and control.   

The more I'm watching Z and Terry.  I'm seeing them as a Kariya and Selanne.  High powered scoring, that will razzle dazzle, but limited on defense.  They will score the points, and get all the attention.  With Rico there as the Rucchin to handle the D and help contribute and not get in the way of the O.  

I think it's a great combination that you can have the two great dynasties in Ducks history at the same time.  Just my opinion though.