• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The 2022 Official Light The FAILos Thread

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Get ready to trade Thor, Loup, and Tepera in late July!

This team ain’t contending!

No f*cking offense!!!!!

Unfortunately, nobody's going to touch Loup's contract. He'll have almost $14 million guaranteed left on it at the trade deadline. Tepera will have over $9 million left. Thor will have about $7 million left.

If the Angels are serious about getting back into contention, they HAVE TO sweep teams like the Royals (23-42 before tonight), especially when they throw out a green B-grade prospect with an 8.23 ERA.

Even up until about halfway into the losing streak, I thought the Angels would turn it around and get back into contention, at least for the wildcard. Once they went below .500, I started worrying. Now? I think they're done.

So yeah, I agree with AO. Obviously you give it until the ASB, but if they're not over .500 by then, they need to trade off as many of Syndergaard, Lorenzen, Loup, Tepera, Bradley, Wade, Duffy, etc, as they possibly can.

They're 33-37 now, with 22 games until the break. That means they need to go 13-9 to reach .500 (46-46). Bare minimum, otherwise fire-sale.

Edited by Angelsjunky

I’d keep Lorenzen though.   Something tells me that with a year under his belt, he could really break through next season.

Of course I also thought Marsh could hit.

They aren’t contending.

79 runs scored in 26 games confirms that.

Edited by Angel Oracle

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I was stupid!!!!

Thinking Marsh had Edmonds potential at the plate?

Freaking low .600s OPS since May 1!

Might as well be Velazquez!!

I’m sick of losing seasons!

Next season better not be another freaking one!!!!

I called Marsh the OF version of Velazquez. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he's been terrible at the plate for over a month now, except for the stray good game (and that two-HR aberration).

He's completely lost his plate discipline, which was solid in the minors:

Majors: 7.2 BB%, 34.5 SO%.

Minors: Can't find totals, but Generally between 11-14% BB rate, 22-28% K rate.

Really thought he was making the adjustments needed early in the year but now his K/BB is pretty much back to where it was last season during his first run in MLB. Really disappointing to see.  Still think he should play everyday and hope he can make those adjustments and figure things out.

13 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

If the Angels are serious about getting back into contention, they HAVE TO sweep teams like the Royals (23-42 before tonight), especially when they throw out a green B-grade prospect with an 8.23 ERA.

Even up until about halfway into the losing streak, I thought the Angels would turn it around and get back into contention, at least for the wildcard. Once they went below .500, I started worrying. Now? I think they're done.

So yeah, I agree with AO. Obviously you give it until the ASB, but if they're not over .500 by then, they need to trade off as many of Syndergaard, Lorenzen, Loup, Tepera, Bradley, Wade, Duffy, etc, as they possibly can.

They're 33-37 now, with 22 games until the break. That means they need to go 13-9 to reach .500 (46-46). Bare minimum, otherwise fire-sale.

Do you REALLY think this is the year Arte finally does a fire sale? Do you realize the likelihood of just trading one of those guys is? You follow the Angels so you know Arte does not trade away many players at the deadline. He needs to keep the illusion of winning here so how does that happen if he trades away all the guys you listed? What players does he bring up to replace them? He likely gets back prospects of varying range that can't help the club right away so are there players in the farm system ready to contribute right away that will be as good or better than the guys he trades? They lost Rendon and his 1.0 bWAR(likely a 3.0 or so for a full season) and have countless other problems with the offense and pitching so LOGICALLY, they should be trading away a lot of guys for the best prospects that can help them next year and beyond but Arte does not think that way. This season is going in the same direction we are all used to and will likely have the same outcome at the trade deadline.

13 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Really thought he was making the adjustments needed early in the year but now his K/BB is pretty much back to where it was last season during his first run in MLB. Really disappointing to see.  Still think he should play everyday and hope he can make those adjustments and figure things out.

Seems to be a recurring theme with most of the hitters, and even Trout, Walsh, and Ohtani at this point. 30+% K rates and flailing at everything. Rendon is the only player with any semblance of plate discipline and he's constantly injured. 

F U Wantz and Poup!!!!

Is it too much to ask, to actually have relievers who aren’t pus throwers?

Nice job pitching staff!

Royals WERE 13 in AL runs and 12th in AL OPS before this series!

What a joke of a franchise!

Losing a home series to both the wretched O’s and Royals!!!!

Edited by Angel Oracle

Dear Artie,

I’m not a fan who would normally be venting on a thread like this, but I simply can’t hold my tongue anymore.  I don’t know if it’s a product of your $13 dollar beers, but whatever it is, your product sucks.

Were playing a completely dog sh*t, cellar dweller team in the Royals, and they have owned us.  This is after we owned a complete piece of sh*t team like the Mariners.

I have given you so much money and so much of my time this last 21 years, but I’m done.  I’m finally at my breaking point.  Thank you for letting me get to watch Trout and Ohtani on a nightly basis, but you have failed to bring me the joy I had in the early 2000’s, when this stadium and this crowd was electric.

Tonight, was the breaking point.  I watched dogshit hitters fail in key situations again.  Like I have for the last several years.  As a season ticket holder for over 20 years, I think I can speak on this.  The team sucks.  Another goddamn heartbreaker because of sh*tty offense and sh*tty bullpen pitching.

I’m drunk ranting as my wife drives me home from another horse sh*t game, and I know you don’t read this board, but eff you.  Honestly.  Eat sh*t.  I’m with @Angel Oracleand many others.  Tonight is my breaking point.

Edited by PattyD22
Cussing

Complete fire sale. This team has 2 great players. A few good ones, and the rest are garbage. Ohtani will never have more value than he does now. Explain to Trout you're going for a full rebuild, if he's willing to be part of it, fine. If he doesn't want to be part of it, ask him for a list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to. He's never going to have more value than he does now. He's 30 & healthy. A team with 12-15 very good players is a much better team than this disaster. Just ask the A's & the Rays over the last decade compared to the Angels. A good Gm should be able to get 10 good to very good MLB ready young players and top prospects by trading those two. Problem is, we probably don't have that right now. This isn't fun anymore. I'd rather lose and hope we're good in 3-4 years rather than knowing this 10+ games out of the post season is going to continue year after year.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:49 PM, Angel Oracle said:

I was stupid!!!!

Thinking Marsh had Edmonds potential at the plate?

Freaking low .600s OPS since May 1!

Might as well be Velazquez!!

I’m sick of losing seasons!

Next season better not be another freaking one!!!!

I've always though Marsh was going to be more like a 2021 version of Benetendi but with more strikeouts. Gold Glove caliber defense. .270-.280 average 15-20 HR's. If they had 3 or 4 guys like that on this roster to surround Trout & Ohtani, they' be perennial contenders. All they have are a bunch of guys who can barely hit .200-.220 and strikeout way too much.

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Watching everyone tell us that Trout was unclutch last night was extra funny.  They said it like he is never clutch, which is what made it funny.

I'm not gonna go through that entire thread to look for posts but I'm guessing they weren't like that at all.