• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dogs

On 2/4/2022 at 10:53 PM, Blarg said:

Are you talking Australian Sheepdog with the multi colored eyes? These dogs are very high energy and really require a daily workout to burn off some energy. Your idea of a long walk may not meet this dogs needs since they are bred to herd. 

I would consult with a vet about mix and match of breeds, which are compatible or if the Aussie will bond with anyone but the owner. We have a Collie mix and the world completely revolves around her and and my wife. So when she brought home a much larger dog as a companion there were compatibility issues with Nilla and the intruder into her space. Territorial and shared attention issues. It took two years for Nilla to ease up on the Alpha attitude.

Dogs are high maintenance unlike cats. They need training in every aspect of their lives as to who is in charge and who dictates the rules. Cats pretty much don't give a fuck while dogs can and will respond to consistent directions but without it become renegades.

An Aussie is smart dog so expect to have to work with the dog to get the responses you need from it. That includes who gets to eat what in the house and never from your plate or you will have begging and food stealing issues.

Get a training book and read it. You have two weeks to be ready not to fuck this up. The next six months will determine who runs the house. 

Shepherd, not sheepdog. Yes on the multi color eyes, but mine doesnt have them. Had to gamble. For whatever reason people cut the tails off now days. I wanted mine with the tail. Had to pick one before it opened its eyes, because they cut the tails off like 4 days old.

No idea why anyone wants their dog like that?

On 2/5/2022 at 12:02 AM, cals said:

Dude. Doberman?  Don’t be a cliche man/cop/Latino.  A full size dog of any breed will serve as a protector if that’s what you’re looking for.

And a lab or a golden or collie or something like that will attract women at parks that have a statistically relevant less herpes infection rate than a “I have low self/esteem” dog.  

No need for one of those dogs.  My boy is a boxer mix and full boxers look mean but are regular, good dogs.  Not “bite your neighbors kid and get sued” dog.

I love dobermans because you dont see a lot of them, but when you do, their impressive as hell.

My aussie growing up was the sweet dog that the neighbors will say "its not a doberman, that's good"

And my aussie growing up was in fact sweet to everyone, except the 3 people he bit. Aussies are actually more aggressive than people know. Very protective and territorial.

I 90 percent will never get the doberman i want. Its taken me 20 years to get one dog, let alone 2. But the maine focus on getting a second if the no shedding... thats why a second aussie, any shepherd, or retriever is out.

Outside dogs i dont care if they shed everywhere. But this one is going to be indoor... ill go crazy with two dogs messing everything up

If I can find a bull terrier with the black eye ill grab one in a heartbeat

23 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Shepherd, not sheepdog. Yes on the multi color eyes, but mine doesnt have them. Had to gamble. For whatever reason people cut the tails off now days. I wanted mine with the tail. Had to pick one before it opened its eyes, because they cut the tails off like 4 days old.

Because some people are asreholes. Yesterday we were out shopping in the lake forest area and passed some guy with a new puppy. My wife had to stop and make squeeky talk to the puppy and asked the owner how long he owned it and he said he just got it. about ten minutes later when we were leaving we saw a woman walking an identical puppy so I thought there had to be some pet store in the shopping center. Nope, they were picking up their dogs from somebody that uses this place for his drop offs. It felt almost clandestine. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I can see why you might dock a tail for safety purposes on a working dog but it’s all cosmetic now. This practice seems to be less common now but we are so used to seeing it that some breeds look weird with tails. Dobermans and Rottweilers come to mind for this. 

49 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Pit bulls are actually a much safer breed than some other common breeds.

As long as you treat them well, they're really sweet dogs. If you regularly wear a wife beater, you should stay away.

My brother had 2 pit bulls.

The first one was an amazing dog and was very good with kids. Had her for about 6 years.

The second one bit the UPS guy on the face and had to be put down, after having the dog for 2 weeks.

So, batting .500!

Edited by tdawg87

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I can see why you might dock a tail for safety purposes on a working dog but it’s all cosmetic now. This practice seems to be less common now but we are so used to seeing it that some breeds look weird with tails. Dobermans and Rottweilers come to mind for this. 

Yeah, somebody told me its healthier for the dog... i have no idea how?

You dont cut the tails off of labs, for example

I have no idea why anyone wouldnt want a dog that wags its tail when you come home

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, somebody told me its healthier for the dog... i have no idea how?

You dont cut the tails off of labs, for example

I have no idea why anyone wouldnt want a dog that wags its tail when you come home

A working Labrador is a hunting dog and they use that tail as a rudder when swimming. They also have webbed feet. For a family pet, tail docking is 100% unnecessary. Of course some dogs don’t have them to begin with so if you don’t like a tail then get one of those breeds