• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Projected 28-Man Roster (Updated 4/6)

Angelsjunky

On 3/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, totdprods said:

The bullpen could use veteran depth
Loup and Iglesias offer plenty of firepower at the top, and there's some intriguing young arms, but adding a couple ST vets or replicating the Cishek/Watson 1/$1m deals to fill in-between would be wise.

Two days, two items checked off the list.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I think Perry has filled in the roster pretty well. I know everyone is clamoring for another starting pitcher but I doubt the resources for trade works in the Angels favor long term. So if there is a starter picked up he is probably coming from the trash heap of questionable arms like Archer. 

Yes, agreed. Plus, the Angels have a bunch of "quesitonable arms" in AAA that are a lot cheaper than a free agent scrap heap guy.

It'd be another injury-risk flyer, but I wouldn't mind Danny Duffy.

Still think it would be wise to add someone with a track record of 30 GS/180 IP, even if it's pretty average, just to have some stabilizing force in the rotation.

I wonder if Perry is prowling for a salary dump-type like he did with Cobb and Fowler. Maybe David Price? Ross Stripling?

Edited by totdprods

34 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Still think it would be wise to add someone with a track record of 30 GS/180 IP, even if it's pretty average, just to have some stabilizing force in the rotation.

I wonder if Perry is prowling for a salary dump-type like he did with Cobb and Fowler. Maybe David Price? Ross Stripling?

The Duffy Brothers sounds like the opening band for Hootie and the Blowfish.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Tyler Anderson makes the most sense

41 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Tyler Anderson makes the most sense

I’d be ok with Anderson after the additions now to the pen.

Any SP avail who could theoretically project to 25-30 GS and 160-180 IP pretty safely and reliably to a tune of a 4.25ish ERA would be good enough for me. He fits that definition pretty well. 

Edited by totdprods

19 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’d be ok with Anderson after the additions now to the pen.

Any SP avail who could theoretically project to 25-30 GS and 160-180 IP pretty safely and reliably to a tune of a 4.25ish ERA would be good enough for me. He fits that definition pretty well. 

Agree, although it seems like every year we bring someone in who is "a reliable 4-4.5 ERA guy" who then proceeds to pitch a 6-7 ERA (or worse) with us. 

Pineda might be an interesting option also, but he could be more expensive, and he hasn't been as reliable on innings as Anderson. 

Anderson or Cueto and I think Perry would be done.

I wonder how much the change in the baseball in 2021 contributed to Fletcher's struggles. Other guys with similar profiles like Lemahieu/Mcneil who had good years 2018-20 like Fletcher saw drop offs in 2021. You wouldn't peg Fletcher as a prime beneficiary of the juiced ball but Perry is definitely bringing in a merry go round of potential middle infielders, seems overkill if it's just for SS. Especially with a short spring there won't be much of a competition if 5-6 guys need playing time in a few weeks of games. Fletcher will definitely start somewhere to begin the season but I think Perry brought in more bodies as backup plans just in case after a month or two we see a repeat of 2021.

2 hours ago, IheartLA said:

Anderson or Cueto and I think Perry would be done.

I wonder how much the change in the baseball in 2021 contributed to Fletcher's struggles. Other guys with similar profiles like Lemahieu/Mcneil who had good years 2018-20 like Fletcher saw drop offs in 2021. You wouldn't peg Fletcher as a prime beneficiary of the juiced ball but Perry is definitely bringing in a merry go round of potential middle infielders, seems overkill if it's just for SS. Especially with a short spring there won't be much of a competition if 5-6 guys need playing time in a few weeks of games. Fletcher will definitely start somewhere to begin the season but I think Perry brought in more bodies as backup plans just in case after a month or two we see a repeat of 2021.

Cueto, Anderson or Duffy if Minasian does not trade for 1.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:30 PM, Pancake Bear said:

Agree, although it seems like every year we bring someone in who is "a reliable 4-4.5 ERA guy" who then proceeds to pitch a 6-7 ERA (or worse) with us. 

Alex Cobb did really well for us when healthy. 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, Blarg said:

I think Perry has filled in the roster pretty well. I know everyone is clamoring for another starting pitcher but I doubt the resources for trade works in the Angels favor long term. So if there is a starter picked up he is probably coming from the trash heap of questionable arms like Archer. 

I would gamble on short term deal on Archer or Cueto. 1 year contract with incentives.