• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

19 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sorry for being really vague here, I'm really not in the business of trying to break news or anything like that, in addition to not wanting to ruin what could be huge for the Halos.....but I heard just today from a reputable source that we're signing a top tiered starting pitcher sometime over the new few days. While I know who this starting pitcher is, I cannot reveal it is at this time. 

A new birdie has risen like a phoenix from the ashes with good news to come real soon. 

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. 

Spoiler

👀👀👀

Cc @Jeff Fletcher

Stroman has hinted in the past he wouldn't mind playing for the Angels, has expressed his admiration of Joe Maddon, is a huge fan of Mike Trout, has a history with Perry Minasian, Noah Syndergaard and Aaron Loup, and fits the ground ball, quantity in IP approach that Perry is looking for. Perry also seems to be big on clubhouse chemistry and Stroman is well liked. 

I'm guessing he'll be signing with the Angels sometime in the next five days, before December 1, and it'll be a five year, 110 million dollar contract. Which will stun some in the industry, feeling that he left some on the table, which maybe he did, maybe he didn't. 

Stroman, to me is the safest bet to be productive and healthy. He's more of a 3 than a 2, but if we can put a solid defense behind him, he could be a 2. 

Ray: Command has been the biggest flaw of his, but even with the lack, he's has always been 2.5-3 war guy. 

Gausman: second half struggles are worrisome.

22 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Not sure where supposed excellent defensive rating for either Wade or Davis came from.  Wade's sample in mlb is limited but early returns are pretty meh.  From what I've seen of Davis he's probably pretty avg.  Neither of these guys are an improvement over Iglesias if it truly was positioning having a major impact on his defense in 2021.  

I’d read something about Davis being great this year at SS and something about Wade being defense first. If not great then good defensively. Iglesias had very little lateral range this season for some reason but I hope that one of these two takes the job over Rengifo or we add.

2 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Stroman, to me is the safest bet to be productive and healthy. He's more of a 3 than a 2, but if we can put a solid defense behind him, he could be a 2. 

Ray: Command has been the biggest flaw of his, but even with the lack, he's has always been 2.5-3 war guy. 

Gausman: second half struggles are worrisome.

3.02 ERA is a #3? He’s a solid #2 guy.

in 2019 he had a 3.22 ERA