• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: NL Championship games Dodgers vs. Braves

Scoring has become so wimpy. The ball was hit on the ground directly at the fielder. He didn't have to move at all. He got the pocket of his glove on it and it deflected into the outfield. Hard hit? So what? Since when is velocity a factor when the fielder doesn't have to move and let's the ball go off his glove? He chose the old 'ole' backhand technique, and simply screwed up. It wasn't an infield hit that he managed to keep in front of him. These scoring decisions also hurt the earned run stats of the pitcher. 

8 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Scoring has become so wimpy. The ball was hit on the ground directly at the fielder. He didn't have to move at all. He got the pocket of his glove on it and it deflected into the outfield. Hard hit? So what? Since when is velocity a factor when the fielder doesn't have to move and let's the ball go off his glove? He chose the old 'ole' backhand technique, and simply screwed up. It wasn't an infield hit that he managed to keep in front of him. These scoring decisions also hurt the earned run stats of the pitcher. 

Of all the people responsible for the outcome of that play, you choose the fielder?! 105 mph off the bat, Jansen is lucky he didn’t give up a homerun.

The dodgers won 3 in a row on them last year.  I don’t know what will happen here but Albert Pujols isn’t going to do shit.  

also the seething rage of dodgers fans at Dave Roberts really is hilarious.  It’s very funny how aggrieved they are about everything.  Sometimes you just get beat assholes ! 

35 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

105mph rocket off of the bat with big ass Kenley Jansen's flailing body in the fielder's view path. Not the easiest play to make...should it have been made? Probably but that ball was on him quick. 

I still say it was an error. At least an error in judgment.

A tough chance on a hard hit ball, but there were other options. He was at normal or slightly deeper depth, not drawn in. If he moved a foot to the left he knocks down the ball with his body and keeps it in  front of him for an infield single. The runner is on third and doesn't score. And he possibly could have thrown out the batter at first if the ball stayed close to his body. He would have had plenty of time. He may even have held the runner on second or thrown him out going to third if the ball was picked up cleanly. He tried a low percentage backhand stab. Granted he had little time to think, and the ball was scorched. But the first instinct should have been to do anything to keep the ball from going to the outfield. The pocket on middle infielders gloves are small and you have to be precise in how you approach a ground ball. With less velocity the ball may have been easier to grab or deflect only a few feet away. So maybe I'll be more forgiving. But if you ask him I bet that he says he should have made the play.

Anyways, the main thing is that the Dodgers blew the game. Beat themselves really. They've bounced back so many times that you can't count them out. But Roberts is being exposed as flawed in his game management and pitching decisions. Atlanta has choked away playoff series for decades, but they seem poised and clutch. And Pederson is getting his revenge.

And how many more games will Albert play before going back south somewhere in Arte's office? Hopefully he never wears an Angel uniform again. Whatever he does, do it in normal clothing. Seeing him in Dodger blue should be the last image of him on a field. Till Cooperstown when he puts on the Redbird cap. 

I can't say I didn't smirk a bit with this outcome but damn it would be nice to root for my team in the playoffs as opposed to rooting against another because they either gave us a bad beat at some point or they're a geographic rival who's org has run circles around us.  At some point we're gonna run out of teams we don't hate even though we're not playing them.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I can't say I didn't smirk a bit with this outcome but damn it would be nice to root for my team in the playoffs as opposed to rooting against another because they either gave us a bad beat at some point or they're a geographic rival who's org has run circles around us.  At some point we're gonna run out of teams we don't hate even though we're not playing them.  

Very sad

because it’s true. 😞

6 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

I still say it was an error. At least an error in judgment.

A tough chance on a hard hit ball, but there were other options. He was at normal or slightly deeper depth, not drawn in. If he moved a foot to the left he knocks down the ball with his body and keeps it in  front of him for an infield single. The runner is on third and doesn't score. And he possibly could have thrown out the batter at first if the ball stayed close to his body. He would have had plenty of time. He may even have held the runner on second or thrown him out going to third if the ball was picked up cleanly. He tried a low percentage backhand stab. Granted he had little time to think, and the ball was scorched. But the first instinct should have been to do anything to keep the ball from going to the outfield. The pocket on middle infielders gloves are small and you have to be precise in how you approach a ground ball. With less velocity the ball may have been easier to grab or deflect only a few feet away. So maybe I'll be more forgiving. But if you ask him I bet that he says he should have made the play.

You could've just said that he misplayed the hop.  Just sayin'