• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: NL Championship games Dodgers vs. Braves

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

His first year injuries to key players in lineup. Albert money gone and next year Upton. I think his hands were kinda tired last off season. Hopefully he learned a lot about players this last season.

His hands were tied based on having to fill a lot of holes on the MLB roster.  

11 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:

What a bunch of BS by Dodgers manager. I didn't get to see the game but check sports score and it showed the Dodgers scored a run and had runners at 3rd and 2nd and no outs if I'm correct and they couldn't move them along. All they needed was a squeeze bunt and 1 run could have scored and runner to 3rd and a fly ball or slow roller score another run. I blame it on the manager, and the reliever that came in for Atlanta did a great job and strike out the side. I damn sure glad the Dodgers lost.

Couldnt agree more.

As I said earlier, when you consider the past choke jobs by Kershaw, Jansen, etc etc, what more do you expect Roberts to do? Hes played his best players, and they havent performed.

Again..... scherzer, bueller and urias are all in top 10, if not top 5 cy young voting this year.... and not a single one of them provided a quality start for this series.

Then you see that above....

And you factor in turner goes out, he loses kelly, muncy misses the series, etc. 

What "smart move" was he supposed to make?

It was the same with scioscia. Sosh made some bonehead decisions, sure. But he had no bullpen his last decade, just about no starting pitching, and an offense of trout, pujols, and calhoun. 

If youre gonna blame the guy who makes the lineup, at least also blame the lineup

20211024_144332.jpg

56 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Couldnt agree more.

As I said earlier, when you consider the past choke jobs by Kershaw, Jansen, etc etc, what more do you expect Roberts to do? Hes played his best players, and they havent performed.

Again..... scherzer, bueller and urias are all in top 10, if not top 5 cy young voting this year.... and not a single one of them provided a quality start for this series.

Then you see that above....

And you factor in turner goes out, he loses kelly, muncy misses the series, etc. 

What "smart move" was he supposed to make?

It was the same with scioscia. Sosh made some bonehead decisions, sure. But he had no bullpen his last decade, just about no starting pitching, and an offense of trout, pujols, and calhoun. 

If youre gonna blame the guy who makes the lineup, at least also blame the lineup

20211024_144332.jpg

Blaming Roberts is not smart considering he manages for the smartest team in the league.  If they didn't approve of the moves, (I think they actually make the on field calls) then they would have fired him long ago.  Blaming him would be like blaming Scioscia for 2014 when Trout didn't have a hit until game 3. 

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Blaming Roberts is not smart considering he manages for the smartest team in the league.  If they didn't approve of the moves, (I think they actually make the on field calls) then they would have fired him long ago.  Blaming him would be like blaming Scioscia for 2014 when Trout didn't have a hit until game 3. 

Or more directly.

Roberts was a genius last year, but not so much the previous two.

Also. I like how he rebounded to get bellinger to hit that game tier in game 3, instead of telling him to walk. Also, his brilliant strategy of shutting the braves down in game 5. But then again, he was an idiot for batting betts in the 7th last night, and watching him strike out to end that rally. What was he thinking?!? 

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its crazy to think how good the dodgers have been for a full decade now. Both in talent, and front office. They havent really had any dud free agent contracts (except bauer, but its not like he wasnt killing it before he killed the hoo hoo), theyve gotten some oakland magic with crafty pickups (like muncy), and theyve developed all stars, like seager and bellinger, as well as cy young candidates like bueller and may.

Like literally everything right.

And they only won one ring after a decade of that. Thats so weird. And that one ring is an asterisk. 

They've used money to take on bad contracts in order to acquire good ones. They were willing to take Price in order to get Betts. They took on Carl Crawford to get Adrian Gonzalez. 

Their bad FA signings tend to fly under the radar because they just reload. They gave Billinglsey and Kazmir big deals and Kemp a huge one. 

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Wasnt Minasian a huge part of building that Braves team?

I honestly don’t know what his role was with the Braves or whether he was in a decision making position.  I think I’m still bitter about this past season.

So like I mentioned, dodgers got just about no help from scherz/bueller/urias. And we'd all (every team) kill to have that kind of staff.

Now add Cole to that as well, for that Boston start.

Im still all for signing pitching. But its crazy how even these sure fire guys are a gamble

Edited by ten ocho recon scout