• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: NL Championship games Dodgers vs. Braves

Dodgers had a Cy Young winner in the taxi squad and spent money on Duffy and Hamels, but had no-one better than Souza up to bat in the 7th with the series on the line LOL. 

They went the way of the Yankees and should have kept Joc and Kike. Glad to see their wannabe dynasty starting to get broken up this offseason. 

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Dodgers had a Cy Young winner in the taxi squad and spent money on Duffy and Hamels, but had no-one better than Souza up to bat in the 7th with the series on the line LOL. 

They went the way of the Yankees and should have kept Joc and Kike. Glad to see their wannabe dynasty starting to get broken up this offseason. 

Yes, they needed to have Joc and Kike for this series, but they might have won if Muncie was healthy.  I know it’s part off the game but it must have been pretty disappointing.

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I hate the dodgers but they will be in playoffs again next year. I see them signing Chris Taylor and Mad Max. Bauer who knows where that will end up. After 6 losing seasons I worry the direction halos are going. I'm tired of biggest moment in season when Dodgers are eliminated.

I know the Dodgers losing doesn’t make up for the Angels being losers, still I liked it quite a bit.

Its crazy to think how good the dodgers have been for a full decade now. Both in talent, and front office. They havent really had any dud free agent contracts (except bauer, but its not like he wasnt killing it before he killed the hoo hoo), theyve gotten some oakland magic with crafty pickups (like muncy), and theyve developed all stars, like seager and bellinger, as well as cy young candidates like bueller and may.

Like literally everything right.

And they only won one ring after a decade of that. Thats so weird. And that one ring is an asterisk. 

7 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:

People will keep saying this. I have no idea, maybe its true. 

But its not like game 6 was some blowout.... bueller tanked, but had been for 2 months now. And was facing a team that saw him 3 days prior. And was only in there because max said he couldnt pitch. They pitched great in game 5. Games 1 and 2 they were right in it.

You cant blame roberts for having a front 3 of scherzer, bueller and urias, and getting jack shit from them when you need them.

This has been going on for years. Everyone blames roberts year after year, because the dodgers are supposed to win.

And the funny thing is, they are always supposed to win, because of this years staff... in years past, it was big names like kershaw and jansen.... who have a history of choking.

You dont get it both ways. Blame the players, imo

My Dodger friends were already in “excuse mode” not 1 minute after the final out was made.  

“We would have won it all except for the injuries.”  

I told them. as Angels fans, we have NO idea what they are talking about.  No idea what the injury bug is.  Our ball club is never bit by the injury bug.  Ever.

2 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

My Dodger friends were already in “excuse mode” not 1 minute after the final out was made.  

“We would have won it all except for the injuries.”  

I told them. as Angels fans, we have NO idea what they are talking about.  No idea what the injury bug is.  Our ball club is never bit by the injury bug.  Ever.

Every team has injuries. To those Dodger fans ...

sassy mr. d GIF by CBC

The dodgers did have a ton of injuries.  Some of it probably a consequence of playing extra baseball every single year.  In any case.  Eat shit Doyers ! 

Dodger fans have this really annoying deal going on where they constantly have to pretend that actually they’re the underdogs.  Goddamn morons.  Learn how to be fans of a team that does everything right and wins constantly.  

39 minutes ago, Revad said:

I know, I agree.  Acuna is like losing Trout.

Except the Braves have a team of real major league players making the loss of Acuna much less significant. 

I have no faith that Minasian can come close to building such a team.

15 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Except the Braves have a team of real major league players making the loss of Acuna much less significant. 

I have no faith that Minasian can come close to building such a team.

yet he was probably a big part of actually building that Braves team, minus of course the additions they made this season.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

yet he was probably a big part of actually building that Braves team, minus of course the additions they made this season.  

His first year injuries to key players in lineup. Albert money gone and next year Upton. I think his hands were kinda tired last off season. Hopefully he learned a lot about players this last season.