• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: NL Championship games Dodgers vs. Braves

Quite  a series, actually. Tons of drama and momentum swings. Lots of high leverage situations and second guessing moments. A Dodger team with a healthy roster might have been tougher, but that's part of the game. Should be interesting to see if Rosario stays red hot. Tons of experience on Houston,and Atlanta may find it hard to keep the collective emotion going. I'd like to see them win,but their pitching will be challenged. 

23 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Damn, i really wanted Albert up as the tying run. Last Dodger appearance in the on deck circle, wondering what might have been.

I was almost hoping that Pollock would single so that the Dodgers would be facing elimination with Albert Pujols being the only thing standing between them and the golf course. It would have been fitting for Albert to ground out and not even be in the frame by the time that the throw got to the first baseman.

19 minutes ago, daygloman said:

Albert is going to be desperate to stay in MLB as a player, regardless that he's SO DONE, he's coming off of the bone.

Where will he end up? If at ALL, now that their season, and his contract is up?

He's not going to take it lightly being forced to retire.

He will probably get a one day contract to retire as a Cardinal, and that will be it.

Come to think of it, I am wondering if that would be legal, since he still has the remaining personal services contract with Arte.

7 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

He will probably get a one day contract to retire as a Cardinal, and that will be it.

Come to think of it, I am wondering if that would be legal, since he still has the remaining personal services contract with Arte.

Albert may very well go from the Dodger's on deck circle to Arte's suite next season. He will have to swallow his pride for a playing role somewhere. I doubt he wants to go to a non contender, but what leverage does he have now? Spring training tryout somewhere at minimum wage? Think of the pay drop! Might as well collect more money from Arte and begin the HOF countdown.

And he did technically end his career (if this is the end) on a deceptive high note, hitting around .300 in the playoffs. Context will be forgotten when the entry is made on his permanent record.

37 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I was almost hoping that Pollock would single so that the Dodgers would be facing elimination with Albert Pujols being the only thing standing between them and the golf course. It would have been fitting for Albert to ground out and not even be in the frame by the time that the throw got to the first baseman.

Would be more fitting for him to strike out

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Albert could have grounded into a game-ending force play, while the announcers hailed him as an all-time great.

What?  You think so?  No way, not the mang.  According to my Dodger bros, he was the savior, thanking me every day those first 7 days for unloading him and blessing them with his offensive prowess and clubhouse leadership.

No way @Vegas Halo Fan, he’d have blasted a 2 run homer to tie the game, if it just wasn’t for that middling AJ Pollock grounding out before he could unleash his magic.