• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Network Segment on Angels

I feel Mike Trout and Ohtani like halo fans are frustrated. Trout saw his friend Albert tossed aside and halo fans were happy. His calf injury causing him to miss the season. His contract would be very hard to move. On team that has 6 straight losing seasons. In 2022 if healthy hard to take him off the field and let him DH with Ohtani in that spot. So another off season where he and Angel fans wait and see what happens. I think Moreno will wait on budget till new CBA takes affect. When spring rolls around all talk will be how do you feel Mike and Anthony. 

2 hours ago, Rollinghard said:

I skim thru and didn't read all the post. Did anybody find it a little strange that Trout says "We have a lot of money, I trust Perry and the guys at the top, WE TALK EVERY DAY."  

Do players talk to management every day? How much weight is given to Mike's input about team direction or which players they should try to get? I like Trout but shut up and hit the ball. 

Trading Ohtani and Adell should be strongly considered.   

this isn't a great take.  

46 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

They are spot on with what is wrong with this team. I do think we need need to improve the scouting, development and the analytical departments.

I have no idea if they have done this or not.  But I certainly like the guys that Minasian brought with him last off season.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea if they have done this or not.  But I certainly like the guys that Minasian brought with him last off season.  

Same. I'll give Perry anotyher year. Similar to how it too Zaidi 2 full years to turn the giants around. 

We've seen a little bit of it in display, The data he had on Cobb, turned Cobb into a solid 2/3. 

22 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angels are top heavy for 2022 Upton, Trout and Rendon about 100 mill for 3 players. You do not know if Trout or Ohtani are not being traded.

Jeebus. You have the worst opinions on the site. You are a borderline troll. Why do you post so much if you know that literally all of your suggestions and ideas get ridiculed? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

It makes zero sense to trade Trout without trading Ohtani as well, and I think fans would riot. Arte knows how marketable these players are. They tried to get a marquee player in 2011 offseason, and while they got one, it wasn't the guy they threw 240 million at. Since then, they've consistently spent on big time position players and tried to sign pitchers with limited payroll.

A lot of money is freed up and so they'll sign some free agents. And make trades. But none of those trades will include Ohtani or Trout.

23 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

From recent history tells me top pitchers do not sign with Angels. Last one was C.J. Wilson how'd that work out? Top rotation pitchers want to be with a contender and Angels far from that after 6 straight losing seasons. That is what should really be annoying Angels fans. Learn from halo history. Pujols , Hamilton and Rendon it's ANNOYING.

If you think history is a good way to predict the future....

And let's not throw Rendon in with Pujols and Hamilton after one shortened and one injury plagued season.

6 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Jeebus. You have the worst opinions on the site. You are a borderline troll. Why do you post so much if you know that literally all of your suggestions and ideas get ridiculed? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

It makes zero sense to trade Trout without trading Ohtani as well, and I think fans would riot. Arte knows how marketable these players are. They tried to get a marquee player in 2011 offseason, and while they got one, it wasn't the guy they threw 240 million at. Since then, they've consistently spent on big time position players and tried to sign pitchers with limited payroll.

A lot of money is freed up and so they'll sign some free agents. And make trades. But none of those trades will include Ohtani or Trout.

First Trout will not be traded because of his contract. Angels would have to ear part of it. Trout would have to say I want a trade. He could be close with 6 losing seasons. Just throwing money at situation has not worked. Big time pitchers are not coming to a losing team they want to be on contenders. Halos had a drug dealer and someone else doctoring baseballs. That is not a place players want to come. Rendon another contract that you cannot trade. Face the facts 6 LOSING SEASONS. What top of rotation pitcher is coming this off season. This organization is a mess right now. What direction are they going in?  Raisel wants to sign with Angels why the delay? Minasian said they do not have a budget yet why not? Your opinion of my opinions is just your opinion nothing more. 

25 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

If you do know your history you will repeat it. Rendon is with Pujols and Hamilton until he does something.

This is really fucking dumb.  Rendon was injured this year, that’s it.  He isn’t past his prime, he isn’t a drug addict.  He is a guy that had a hip issue that impacted his entire season which required surgery.  

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is really fucking dumb.  Rendon was injured this year, that’s it.  He isn’t past his prime, he isn’t a drug addict.  He is a guy that had a hip issue that impacted his entire season which required surgery.  

His contract is one halos could not trade now. Just another example of throwing money away. I understand he was injured but 38mill for the next 5 years does not look good now. I hope he is healthy and has big year or years with halos but until he does to me another bad contract. 

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

His contract is one halos could not trade now. Just another example of throwing money away. I understand he was injured but 38mill for the next 5 years does not look good now. I hope he is healthy and has big year or years with halos but until he does to me another bad contract. 

Yea, because you have really dumb opinions.  Expensive and inexpensive players get injured.  That is what happened.  

12 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I understand but it's a bad contract .

My point is do not sign players to 5 to 10 year deals. Most of them end up bad. Rendon 36 mill next year coming off hip surgery and he will be 32. 38 mill after that for 4 more years. They extended Upton so 28 mill next year for what a player you would love to get rid of. SIX losing seasons doing same thing over and over. Tampa low payroll seems to be doing ok. Who is their highest paid player? 

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

My point is do not sign players to 5 to 10 year deals. Most of them end up bad. Rendon 36 mill next year coming off hip surgery and he will be 32. 38 mill after that for 4 more years. They extended Upton so 28 mill next year for what a player you would love to get rid of. SIX losing seasons doing same thing over and over. Tampa low payroll seems to be doing ok. Who is their highest paid player? 

So we should have let Trout go. Neat.

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

So we should have let Trout go. Neat.

Even having Trout 6 straight losing seasons.I hope he comes back healthy as Ohtani needs him batting behind him. I wonder how Trout feels now and if another losing season he would ask to be traded? Trout only 30 but last 4 to 5 years of his deal might be bad. My concern with him it was a calf strain or pull suppose to be back after all star break. Is this something that will linger into 2022? Be nice to have a healthy Trout and Rendon with Ohtani in lineup. Best lineup in MLB.